100 gecs - 10000 gecs (album) & Snake Eyes (EP)

I think this album is.. bad? :(

I don't know, but the first record was so disjointedly brilliant, amalgamating so many supposedly cheesy genres into a riotous, rough around the edges, whole.

And now we've just got straight up nu-metal and ska tracks? Nah, not for me.

There are mediocre 'dance-punk' records from the mid-00s that hit the spot better than this. It's disappointing (for me, at least).

I am really out of the loop myself now! :( It feels like a lot of the bigger writers and producers have been evolving their sound, on stuff like the Caroline Polachek album which is obviously very high quality but is definitely moving on from the traditional hyperpop sound. The last big PC Music release was probably the Hyd album, which I've just realised I didn't post when it came out but I'm going to now because I loved it :shock:

I have no idea what counts as hyperpop any more, but the two things this year that perked my ears up are the Kate NV album 'WOW' and 'The New Pastoral' by Holly Waxwing.

Reactions: COB
I'm too old for Hyperpop. At least press your 25 minute album at 45rpm so I can slow it down to a manageable pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom