Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apologies if there's already a thread for this movie, but I did a few searches and didn't find anything. Bit shook, as I thought it would go down very well on Moopy(so just delete this if there's already a thread)! It's probably my favourite film of all-time in terms of sheer amount of times I've seen it. It's like my comfort blanket...but I think it's also a genuinely fantastic wee film. The three ladies are absolutely wonderful, and Dabney Coleman and Elizabeth Wilson are hilarious. The script is wonderful and the whole thing is just a complete JOY. Any other fans in here?

9-to-5-1980-half-original-film-art-5000x-smaller.jpg

Some of my favourite lines!

Roz: Here, Violet, you can put this up on the bulletin board.
Violet: Thanks, Roz, I know just where to stick it.

Roz: Did you get my memo?
Violet: I did, Roz. I tore right through it.

Doralee Rhodes: Well, I say we hire a couple'a wranglers to go upstairs and beat the shit out of him.

9to5.jpg

B1Iq.gif

Last edited:
I do love it, but the fantasy sequences go on for a bit too long and are quite unnecessary.

I saw the stage show in the West End last year which was fantastic and much better than expected.

I’ve been on an 80s movie run in lockdown and it’s been quite the ride. I always look at the 80s iconic movies as a time when Hollywood took a fair bit of liberty with reality, not worrying about whether things make sense in order to produce the most fun movie possible. Almost the opposite these days. So many I hadn’t seen in years and I’ve been surprised by how MENTAL the story gets in most of them, not least this one. I didn’t recall how far fetched the kidnapping got :D but bags of fun and interesting seeing Grace and Frankie together in their youth

I do love it, but the fantasy sequences go on for a bit too long and are quite unnecessary.

I saw the stage show in the West End last year which was fantastic and much better than expected.

I hope the whole audience yelled "Hi Louise!" when she made her entrance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom