Best track?

• The Look of Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't Stop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

POP!

Let the light in
She was arguably at the top of her powers at this moment, and the songs were big hits, but it seems relatively forgotten these days by the GP. Why? I'd say because of the film and lack of representation on The Immaculate Collection.

Who%27s_That_Girl_Madonna.png

Who's That Girl
Causing a Commotion
The Look of Love
Can't Stop

Add some other bits and bobs from the era you have a lost 80s album and follow up to True Blue:

Side B:

Spotlight
Ain't No Big Deal ('86)
Supernatural
Each Time You Break My Heart

Ok that's all :D

The singles were all stellar for sure. Who’s That Girl? probably suffers from being very much in La Isla Bonita’s shadow but I’d play it more these days.

The Look of Love, as the singles all do, suffers from no proper video, but is a gorgeous 2nd here for me. It's a shame it wasn't the whole soundtrack she did as after these songs she might have taken more of a gamble creative-wise. If there is one criticism of these songs it's arguably that they were nothing new for her. I don't care for Causin' A Commotion, but must add how brilliant the middle 8 is.

10 Who's That Girl
07 Causing A Commotion
08 The Look Of Love
06 Can't Stop

I vastly prefer the title track to La Isla Bonita

But then I WOULD

And The Look Of Love is very underrated. I have no memory of it at the time. I didn’t care for CAC

The Look Of Love is a bit of a forgotten sultry gem.

09 Who’s That Girl
08 Causing A Commotion
08 The Look Of Love
05 Can’t Stop

Causing A Commotion would score less without the “I hope you find what you’re looking for…” bits.

Last edited:
10 who’s that girl
11 causing a commotion
09 the look of love
05 can’t stop

09 spotlight

Her weakest era of the 80s for me, but nothing was BAD, just THERE…

08 who’s that girl
08 causing a commotion
08 the look of love
05 can’t stop

08 spotlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom