ABBA Have Recorded New Music

Who would have thought ABBA would be the new MKS?

Reactions: SDF
They "hope" to release the new songs this Autumn and they have written plenty of other songs for a "possible" new album.

In what year did Dan Wootton announce that the Spice Girls were on the verge of reuniting?

They "hope" to release the new songs this Autumn and they have written plenty of other songs for a "possible" new album.

In what year did Dan Wootton announce that the Spice Girls were on the verge of reuniting?

Was there ever a year when he didn't?

I'm starting to think it'll never happen because one of them will die first.

I’ve been saying for months that the first time we hear the new songs will be in 2023 when one of them has died and somebody decides to leak a low quality demo.

See also The Greatest Thing, except nobody had to die for that to happen. Apart from Gaga’s career at that point.

Bjorn gave an interview to a Danish newspaper this week and repeated 'hopefully September or October', so I'd set those clocks for 2021.

In the meantime, there's a new Benny Andersson's Orkester track out today, written by him and Bjorn, so that may be the closest we'll get to a new ABBA song for a while.

I like it in a Happy Hawaii/Why Did It Have To Be Me kind of old style schlager/dansband way. Although there's one part of it that really reminds me of Shaddup You Face.

God yeah, I get Shaddup You Face INSTANTLY. This is SO dansband. And will be number 1 for AEONS on Svensktoppen. It's alright but not something I would listen to out of choice.

NEW MUSIC RELEASE DATE UPDATE:

Björn said:
There will be a new song, a couple of new songs coming. But I've been saying this for such a long time. I'm not saying when any more. I'm just saying we have them and they will be released eventually.

So that's all good then.

It's now over two years since the two songs were recorded.

I'm sure there was a time when I was able to laugh at the MKS comparisons. :(

It must really piss Bjorn off when he's trying to do promo for whatever Mamma Mia related tat that he's trying to promote and he keeps being brought back to this, when I'm convinced it's the ABBATAR nonsense (and presumably factors beyond his control) that are holding it back.

Bjorn on whatever the ITV breakfast show is called now stated they are 'aiming for November' :)

Keisha is busy filing her nails

Oh sorry wrong thread loves

Bjorn's 'hopefully September or October' seems to have become 2020.

Next year has been mentioned a few times in the last week or so now.

Unless it turns out they have a whole album on the horizon, which they quite clearly don't, my excitement for this has pretty much evaporated.

Yes I have little or no interest. Talk about a buzz announcement. Let me know when it happens and I'll be there.

As an aside I recently purchased an unplayed original copy of their 1975 ABBA album for a fiver. SOS/ Mamma Mia/ I've Been Waiting For You are such absolute highlights.

Well they aren't 'new songs' any more, are they? By this stage it's just unreleased material. I'm just pissed they threw all the hype and interest away for the sake of this bloody avatar business.

Last edited:
Quite happy for this to NEVER happen, I have to say. Hologram tour and all. I shudder to imagine what Agnetha sounds like these days (especially after that video which was mysteriously never mentioned again)

Oh god, now Agnetha's in the at-risk group too they're literally GOING TO DIE before we hear this :(

They really are the ultimate trolls :angry:

According to loons at least three new songs have heard.

Could ABBA be the QUEENS OF QUARANTINE?

Probably not.

If quarantine goes on to 2050 maybe they will be :disco:

The four of them are ripe for Corona in crazy, totally unlocked-down Sweden :( Stay safe ABBA!

The four of them are ripe for Corona in crazy, totally unlocked-down Sweden :( Stay safe ABBA!

Luckily Agnetha has been socially distancing for decades (liaisons with lunatics aside).

Frida lives in Switzerland (I like to think in a castle, or at least a palace), and I believe the Swiss have had quite severe restrictions.

I imagine pure stubbornness will see Benny through

I don’t think there are any castles in Switzerland, but they’re overflowing with them in Germany. Wasn’t one of her husbands a prince there or something?

I don’t think there are any castles in Switzerland, but they’re overflowing with them in Germany. Wasn’t one of her husbands a prince there or something?

Liechtenstein. They have castles there, don't they?

Her Serene Highness Princess Anni-Frid Synni Reuss, Countess of Plauen :disco:

If they don't have castles in Switzerland, with a title like that (and now fucking a Viscount) she'd better have a bloody impressive ski lodge at least.

I really hope she does finish an autobiography. What a life.

But then, I think she first mentioned starting writing that a couple of years before they mentioned recording new music, so I'm not banking on reading it any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom