Alanis Morissette - 'Such Pretty Forks In The Road' (and 'Mix') OUT NOW!

Call it what you want
Cause I don’t really care anymore
Call or what you need
To make yourself comfortable

listening now. it's a bit DOUR for me hun :D makes me wanna END THINGS!

omg get those clubs open again now for that Ablaze remix!

tenor.gif

listening now. it's a bit DOUR for me hun :D makes me wanna END THINGS!

:D

I'm finally listening to this now. It's all perfectly lovely. I feel like I would need a second listen because there's nothing bad on here, but nothing's jumping out either. She does feel like she's long since lost her edge though. Maybe she's just HAPPIER. I missed wailing through gritted teeth Alanis. ANYWAY I'll come back after a second listen. My fave so far is Reckoning and I've added that to my list.

I've still not heard this. I just wasn't feeling very Alanis having peaked when Reasons I Drink came out. Until now that is.

Well I hope I'm listening to this. The first video is Alanis serving on her local DILFs whilst pretending to be Colleen Nolan. We've all been there. Ablaze is more gas mark 1.

The middle 8 has her vocals sound like and actual flute and her famous breath intakes at the same time. What a woman. I'm already infinitely more nourished and hungrier for big words.

I've already been to Smiling, but I've never been to ME. It's more haunting than a cave full of icicles and dangling carrots. If this had been the opener I'd have been beside myself imagining the treasure deeper in.

That instrumental jangly racket is one big haughty flurry of angst. Marvelous. Like the exhaust pipe of alternative 90s American navel gazing rock (15 year old me says fuck you, but also hi).

No single digits for this, it's a maxed out 10. What a video. When Ironic Alanis pops up, therapist Lanis really comes into her own. Several Lamborghinis out of 10.

Call me what you need to to make yourself comfortable
So I am debilitated
I can't remember where the sentence started
When I'm trying to finish it

Oh Alanis, stop reading my mind darling :disco:

So crestfallen and raw. I've never experienced Alanis this intimately. I feel like I'm in the front row (the front row) at an impromptu Unplugged set at Katie's Bar. The more tragic the better, etc.

This is like a banshee ballad version of Amber's Anyway (Men Are From Mars). Oh I'm not deserving of the luxury.

Everyone is rushing to sob at the podium.

That could have been the album title. What a zinger. Roll your sleeves up and keep this going Alanis.

You reckon has been my very bad impersonation of Libby from Neighbours for years.

Let's see how Lanis fares here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom