Angel Olsen - All Mirrors

Guess what guys, Angel is releasing All Mirrors AGAIN! This time as some sort of deluxe BOXSET.
Seeing as the Whole New Mess vinyl is widely available everywhere, I'm going to wait until it inevitably hits the SALES before thinking of purchasing.

This new new version of Whole New Mess is GORGEOUS however, and much preferable to the original that grated on me somewhat -

I'm assuming this version was meant for the original All Mirrors album, and would have fit perfectly tbh. That HORN OUTRO!

RIGHT! It sounds like they approached this track as they were going to write a new modern standard together.
I had to double check it wasn't an old Dolly Parton song they'd dusted off, as melodically it's tonally quite similar - even if the production is quite different.

I'm already will to pitch this as a (poppy) career high for both, when both have catalogues full of career highs already!

I also saw the All Mirrors deluxe boxset in my local record shop the other day for £59.99, and even as QUITE A BIG Angel Olsen fan I looked at it and thought "who the fuck is going to buy THAT" :D

(probably me when said store inevitably reduces the price to £14.99 in two years time :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom