Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
The only good thing happening this year is too far gone to cancel: the switch debut of Animal Crossing

I’m losing my mind, it’s like 36 hours before I can get it. It looks STUN GORGE TOO

It looks AMAZING and really good retooling of the formula

I can't wait to have this ray of utter sunshine back in my daily life

220px-Isabelle_AF.png

Yeah I’ve been living my best AC life in other games, the villager is one of my favourites in Smash Bros, and I love Isabelle’s smirking side-eye as I fuck someone up in Mario Kart

I was thinking, this game should be perfect for playing in handheld mode whilst watching TV. I fully expect this to catch up with Splatoon 2 as my most played Switch game.

Isabelle's moped thing is always my vehicle of choice in MK :D

I've just read 500 words from the developers on why Tom Nook is a good guy really and maybe I've had him wrong all along.

He’s just an entrepreneur, he’s getting shit done.

I even tried the Pocket camp this week but... it’s just not IT, sis

Last edited:
Pocket Camp has been a nice way to PASS TIME until this launches in 24 hours. HOORAH. And having Isabelle at your campsite is a DELIGHT.

melinda-freizeitbaum.png

Pocket Camp wasn't for me either. Fun for a day and then that was it.

I didn't know Queen Izzy turned up in it though, though presumably that is only after opening a random loot box you've paid 5,625 crystals for (on sale today, 80% off, only £943).

I'm so glad this is coming to get me through self isolation :disco: Who needs human contact when you can befriend a neighbourhood of friendly furries (and batter those you don't like with a butterfly net until they leave)?

Can someone tell me why I should want to get this game please? I’m a bit ‘whats then point’ about the franchise, having briefly played a version on a previous console

*the point

why am I missing an edit button?! :o

Can someone tell me why I should want to get this game please? I’m a bit ‘whats then point’ about the franchise, having briefly played a version on a previous console

I’ve never satisfactorily explained this and convinced anyone, but it’s so great. The humour is pitched just perfectly, it looks so fucking good, and it’s kind of mental self care.

it’s sort of endless but you set your own goals, nobody is pressuring you to do anything or pay anything. And it’s a lot more satisfying than FarmVille.

just try it! Or at least watch the Animal Crossing direct on YouTube from 2/20

There's no point and every point at the same time :D

It does an amazing job of feeling "real" and the world is such a nice place to be and relentlessly cheery. It's also pretty funny and the different characters are well crafted - you really get to know them and they all feel like their own, er, animal. On top of that you're constantly achieving things (build this, buy that, catch this, put this in the museum), etc. It is slow and you have to play it a little every day to get the most out of it. And to not let your village overgrow with weeds which the villagers get MOST put out about.

Reactions: dUb
Prepare yourself for the horror of one of your faves telling you they're no longer happy in your village and want to move out, followed by a frantic scrabble for a few days from you to try and dissuade them.

It's heart wrenching stuff.

I need some reports ppl

My island has Pears! And the first two islanders are a monkey called Shari who is a bit of a bitch, and a tiger called Rowan who is a gym nut (and very pretty).

I think I know who will be getting hit with a butterfly net before long.

I sunk a good 3 hours into it... managed to get enough miles to pay off my loan and order a house, and more miles to unlock the better tools.

no shovel yet though, and I want to pole vault to the other bits of the island, but I can’t

Do you know if you can move your home? I chose an island with a little island in the middle, but I obviously couldn't access it, so I've set up my tent on the beach instead.

Yeah you can, I’m told, at some point!

called it a day, just milling around trying to get some miles. Got enough for an island trip but the airport won’t open until tomorrow

Personally all the Sims-lite stuff is a distraction - the best thing about Animal Crossing for me is the script, it's wonderful and witty.

Yeah playing other second life games everything is too cutesy... AC always has decent writing, never shies away from wordplay and naff jokes, and the villagers’ personality types are diverse

I've paid off my fees and have set my guy down to sleep. I wasn't fast enough to realise what was required for the balloon-floating gift, would prefer arranging where things go to be easier to correct and have had an success rate of around 1 in 3 for both catching K.O spiders and fish. Otherwise, bliss indeed. I will not be attending Ursula's birthday party if she keeps up the attitude.

First time playing one of these games. It really is very soothing.

My companions so far on The Most Serene Republic of San Marino are some closet case dudebull called Coach who keeps calling me 'Stubble' and a fairly aloof pink puppy named Cherry who seems to mostly view me as an annoyance.

SW-1328-3359-4404 if anyone fancies dropping by...

I've paid off my fees and have set my guy down to sleep. I wasn't fast enough to realise what was required for the balloon-floating gift, would prefer arranging where things go to be easier to correct and have had an success rate of around 1 in 3 for both catching K.O spiders and fish. Otherwise, bliss indeed. I will not be attending Ursula's birthday party if she keeps up the attitude.

What’s the problem catching fish??
Blip = don’t press the button
BLOOP = press the button RIGHT NOW

on the DS version it took me so long to catch a tarantula (ahem, KO spider) but I managed to get 3 or 4 tonight and flog them for loads

and digging up those clams :ken: on the beach, DIYing them into fish bait and catching some ludicrously large fish at the pier.

but I didn’t sell them because I’m a good boy who donates to the museum

I recruited a pig in a wig on a desert island, she talks like Gretchen Wieners. She’s my favourite

What’s the problem catching fish??
Blip = don’t press the button
BLOOP = press the button RIGHT NOW

on the DS version it took me so long to catch a tarantula (ahem, KO spider) but I managed to get 3 or 4 tonight and flog them for loads

and digging up those clams :ken: on the beach, DIYing them into fish bait and catching some ludicrously large fish at the pier.

but I didn’t sell them because I’m a good boy who donates to the museum

Oh I've got the fish thing down now.

I don't think I've yet got the crafting thing, but that's because I feel so overwhelmed or busy at least... doing absolutely nothing :D

I didn’t think I’d like crafting, and I suppose I don’t, but it’s easier than I thought.

collecting 30 iron nuggets today was a pain in the arse though, but I had enough to upgrade my tools, so I won’t have to dick around for a while crafting shitty tools.

I wish the tools and materials could be kept somewhere, I got the pocket upgrade but I’m still running out of space

I have less than 10 iron nuggets and don't see anymore rocks. Where are you getting the 30?

when your airport opens (day 2 I think) Nook will give you a free ticket to visit a random island, which you can rape for resources. I had to visit 3 islands (I used 4000 Nook Miles to get 2 more tickets because my life is empty)

when your airport opens (day 2 I think) Nook will give you a free ticket to visit a random island, which you can rape for resources. I had to visit 3 islands (I used 4000 Nook Miles to get 2 more tickets because my life is empty)

People are getting loaded when visiting friends' islands and pillaging their oranges and cherries, but all the ones I visit have almost nothing. I only have 30,000.

Anyway, I'm excited about the museum, bridge and 3 houses about to be built *poof of stars around me*

Yeah I’m not rolling in money, most of mine has been from fishing. The only visits I’ve been have been to the random islands.

I’ve only ever seen pears on those islands though, I want to get some different ones. I got some peaches from my “mom” and coconuts from an island.

waiting for the museum finally, I’ve got a huge backlog of shit to donate, what a mess.

I was so organised today, I wrote down all the items and the material needed and made a shopping list :D

watching some insipid Filipino live-streaming. He’s barely tolerable. He’s all “oh I don’t want to time travel, it’ll ruin it. But I visited my friend who DID, and bought a ladder recipe which I can’t get yet :)

Last edited:
Are we aware of https://acpatterns.com/ ? You can turn your own images into a pattern for clothes, wall hangings etc :disco: You have to use the Nintendo Switch Online app to scan the QR code the site gives you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom