Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

I can't be sure any more :o I think the items were all the same at least, but maybe the recipes were different

Cannot believe I've returned to this, but here I am putting far too much energy into deciding where to put partitions and streetlamps. Again.

Cannot believe I've returned to this, but here I am putting far too much energy into deciding where to put partitions and streetlamps. Again.
I’ve been considering it too!

I want to start afresh but it’s just SO MUCH WORK

I’ve been considering it too!

I want to start afresh but it’s just SO MUCH WORK

Do you have a "dream code" if those are still a thing? Or more pressingly, do you have those festival-event stage things in the colours of pink/purple? They are either feathers or leaves with lights and you can walk on them. I'm after 3, but may well just time travel to when that Peacock is about.

Do you have a "dream code" if those are still a thing? Or more pressingly, do you have those festival-event stage things in the colours of pink/purple? They are either feathers or leaves with lights and you can walk on them. I'm after 3, but may well just time travel to when that Peacock is about.

No to all, sorry sorb :(

My previous save was messy so I’m just going to start from scratch. I hate playing it during winter too so as we come out of that I know I’ll enjoy it much more. Just can’t bare the relentless snow covering the island.

MY problem is that I’m fussy with villagers and spend most of my time villager hunting with all the nook miles I can get, and then my island just ends up shit because I spent 18 hours going back and forth to the mystery island hoping I’ll find Whitney the snooty white wolf.

Anyway, once I get going again (and I’m not adverse to time travel especially at the start) happy to open the island doors and come and visit any of you who are still playing.

Oh I have 2 islands: 1 I meticulously chose my villagers and on the other I chose based on their houses.

I went back to 12 Feb for Pavé and had 1 hour of fun catching about 60 feathers.

I dislike the snow too, which comes to an end before the month's end.

I do wish more happened in the coffee shop. I had Celeste and one of the Dodo Airlines people in there, but not even a Cheers style sing song and just dialogue if you chat to them.

I’ve completely started again, which felt risky because my previous island was somewhere towards completion but I hadn’t played in around a year so I just wanted a fresh start.

My two starter villagers are minging so naturally they need to go ASAP and I’m currently navigating Blathers demands. It is funny isn’t it, I’d LOVE for someone to take over the game for me and just get me to terraform and then I’d take it from there.

When I hadn’t played the game before I found all of this so exciting but now I just want to be at a point where I can execute a VISION.

Also, all the weed cleaning at first…. :zombie: On the flip side though, my fruit is the orange which is my favourite!

There are so many quality of life improvements that I hope happen for the next one. Terraforming takes much too long.

The Happy Home Designer doesn't seem to be working on my 2nd island (on my 2nd Switch). I don't really understand why as the NSO works, but I guess, for example, Splatoon 2 has had me starting off as a level 1 again so maybe that's why.

I agree so much about terraforming! If I’m in the mood for it and have solid ideas I can enjoy it a lot but I do wish there were some shortcuts.

At the very least I wish there was an option where you could direct a villager to tidy the island :eyes:

I’m exposing myself as a VERY LAZY PLAYER arent I… :D

When I had high turnip prices and used whatever site it was for letting players know your dodo code to sell theirs, I sometimes made signs asking to weed or water flowers :D Oh what a time to have been alive, social distancing and infinite time on one's hands. Sadly the "request clean up" service will remove all items, but you can always get them back at the recycling box in the main office building - that could be an option just to get on with the landscape shaping.

Nookazon!! I was on there too and I guess I’ll be doing the same this time around :D Thankfully the community still appears to be BOOMING

I have my shop now, hopefully Celeste will drop by soon as her mystical DIY items are my absolute favourites.

I'll have to go look as I love flying back and seeing your own island from that POV. I have Static visiting. I would actually take them as their house would fit in so well with an area I could re-do to cater around it, but upon the 5th time asking them (having to win about 3 games just to move the conversation back to moving) the islander who would go is not one I'd want to leave. They should totally have fixed this to have you politely ask who you want to leave. And just like that, I've updated my dream code for the first time in 3 years: DA-6039-0386-5338 (Fresh!) My last island (Fire - terrible name) I visited and got stressed out by just how busy it was, I could barely move.

I’m going to come visit soon! Are you amazing at designing? I’m not the best but I can take a simple idea and make it work I guess. I’m going to go for a cottage-core vibe I think which I know is basic but I’ll just flesh it out. Work in progress but we will get there!

One of my favourite things to do, again very simple but having a HUGE colourful flower field. Love running through ‘em.

Honestly being back on this game is proving to be a godsend for me. I’ve felt super zen all night.

I’m going to come visit soon! Are you amazing at designing? I’m not the best but I can take a simple idea and make it work I guess. I’m going to go for a cottage-core vibe I think which I know is basic but I’ll just flesh it out. Work in progress but we will get there!

One of my favourite things to do, again very simple but having a HUGE colourful flower field. Love running through ‘em.

Using the designs from others can really help - I found great ones for a road, curbs and paths, so creating a little residential precinct area really pleases me to walk around in. There's only one area I think I'd re-do if I get "inspired" - otherwise I'm just enjoying the relaxation and this time around have liked the task of, say, collecting feathers, whereas last time around I wanted everything all at once. Tonight it was raining so I caught some fish and got a Sturgeon (not sure if they are still rare, but I think you need it raining at the start of a river). I have a lot of animals to get for the museum (the last one is all completed). I also forgot that after getting fossils assessed, they are not automatically taken off you so had just been selling them - oops).

Another vintage AC memory was visiting someone else's island and trying to steal their tree fruits without getting caught :D

Tempted to go see my island again but I know all my bears are going to be so angry

When is a new Animal Crossinv likely?

Tempted to go see my island again but I know all my bears are going to be so angry

Oh my god, I'd time travel on purpose for this if I had all bears :horny:

The team, who kind of do both AC and Splatoon (or at least have a sizeable overlap in talent), would appear to be on for another AC before a 4th Splatoon, so I think Nintendo will want such a mammoth system seller to go out sooner than New Horizons came into the Switch's life cycle.

PEOPLE WHO ARE PLAYING, please tell me your villagers and/ or favourites

Mine are (top of my head)
Whitney
Vivian
Freya
Skye
Audie
Diana
Fauna
Sheino
Deirdre
Fuschia

I’m sure you spot the pattern :D

When is a new Animal Crossinv likely?

I’m pretty sure Animal Crossing gets exclusively released with a new console, is that not correct? So I think there will be quite a wait.

I’m loving being back on it and can’t wait to go on tonight, even though at the moment it’s mostly annoying tasks I’m having to do.

I don’t do male villagers generally and I really can’t abide the lazy ones. Talking about bugs all day and running around pretending to be an aeroplane? Please. Give me a gossipy snooty or a delusional peppy telling me they’re a pop star and I’m happy. I quite like sisterlies too.

On my current island:

Biskit
Genji
Henry
Jambette
Maelle
Mira
Olivia
Poncho
Shino
Toby

On my other island that I'm not playing right now as I flattened the ground and have no idea what to do:

Ankha
Fuchsia
Gala
Gloria
Goldie
Gruff
Julian
Pekoe
Tangy
Tucker
and a player 2 I called CHER

Nice! I’m currently making bits for the next 3 villagers, I bet I get none of the ones I want.

@straightorbroken let’s coordinate island visits soon YES

The AC gods have blessed me! Villagers 3-5 are Audie, Fauna and Punchy! I’m happy with that.

I just need terraform NOW so I can make some drastic changes!

I ordered loads of amiibos and they’ve arrived :disco:

I also went mad until midnight on turnip exchange and can reveal I’m officially RICH.

Were they cheap? They were practically given away upon release (well before New Horizons), but since went up if sealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom