AS6 E08: Snatch Game of Love

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
Should I say anything in this first post, I don't think I've ever started a RPDR one before :o

OK best not to

WELLITY WELLITY WELLITY

That wasn't especially climactic, by the time the second group of Snatch Game started, the winner was fairly obvious, and when Heidi appeared I thought "I wonder who Ginger picked", but even then I sort of knew. But it was a good episode. And WHY OH WHY are the ONLY decent outfits I've seen Ginger wear pissed away as Lip Sync outfits?! I guess she won $50,000 for it thought so ...

I am glad TKB's arrogance got pricked, front-runner was a BIT of a stretch, people are very selective of which bits of their scoresheet they remember :D Trinity misplacing her Bottom 2, Pandora forgetting Jan's win etc. Whatever.

Snatch Game was fun - I was cackling at Sonique, and personally I would've given her the win. Ginger of course was good, but it was a bit of quantity over quality IMHO. Ra'jah was good too but she was LUCKY... especially re-skinning the joke Ru gave her in the werkroom, TWICE! Eureka was going for it, Michelle's critique said it all really, swinging big is the name of the game.

Pandora on the other hand, swinging from a noose. I felt almost ANGRY at her by the end, I wanted her to be good this season but she's such a fucking victim despite all the goodwill. It certainly DID come off as blaming Eureka so I'm glad it was called out. She couldn't even feel confident about the ONE thing anyone remembers her being good at! It felt like a waste keeping her this long for no payoff at all.

Is Pop Art ONLY that Warhol/Marilyn picture? Because 4 of them came out basically with the same idea, but it was Ra'Jah who got critiqued? BOO.

1. Ra'Jah
2. Kylie
3. Eureka
4. Ginger
5. Trinity

Reactions: dUb
I agree with you Diddy about Pandora; I keep wanting her to do well but… and poor thing, I don’t think that RuPaul likes her much either.

TKB is still my front runner, I love her new confidence. Her runway outfit was the clear winner of the episode.

I don't think TKB is arrogant. I think she'd resigned herself to not being good at improv and impersonation and then found herself placed between the two strongest ones and just kind of gave in. And I get it; being able to bounce back with quick responses isn't something that comes by virtue of trying harder. Ginger saying she doesn't put the same effort into every challenge was a stretch; she's done well every week bar this one and the first, and that wasn't through lack of trying. Ginger doesn't do brilliantly with choreo and fashion but you can always push through those with practice and designers so it isn't the same.

Trinity's RUNWAY meanwhile ... how did that not warrant more praise?! The pop up MAKEUP! :o I'd have saved her based on that alone.

I thought it was a good episode. Ginger was far and away the best. Kylie really surprisingly good but the frozen face/resting bitch face detracted a bit from the impersonation. Ironic given how much work and makeup Dolly has had done/wears, but she's also so bright and exuberant. Good lines though.

Eureka was a lot but I appreciate the effort. It was sad seeing Pandora stumble but she would have just been safe on most Snatch Games. Even last year she was better than any of Cracker, Blair and India.

It was nice seeing Heidi again and she looked great.

I agree with you Diddy about Pandora; I keep wanting her to do well but… and poor thing, I don’t think that RuPaul likes her much either.

TKB is still my front runner, I love her new confidence. Her runway outfit was the clear winner of the episode.

See I love Ra’Jah’s new confidence, she’s practically beaming and throwing herself into things. TKB is doing well (when she isn’t doing terrible), but confidence? She does that peering down her nose thing if she thinks anyone has said anything resembling criticism.

- This post is brought to you by BAREFOOT WINE :disco:

- HOLY HELL what a Snatch Game in the first round! What an out of nowhere triumph for Kylie! What an absolute KERBSTOMPING from Ginger - imagine having the nerve to be so good at Snatch Game you start ACEING the Snatch Game of the person FLOPPING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU TOO! The most dominant Snatch Game performance ever? SURELY at least since Bob or Alaska

- That runway was glory and beyond. Ginger! Kylie! Pandora! Trinity! TRINITY'S FUCKING MAKEUP!!!

- God Pandora NEEDS A FUCKING THERAPIST. I knew she was going home this week the second she started spinning doing REALLY WELL the first time as some kind of albatross around her neck? No bitch! You're going into this with a FUCKING ADVANTAGE!

- That said, I did LOVE "I was ready to go home and have sex but sure" :D

- WHAT a lip sync track :disco: And WHAT a lip sync! Ginger really elevating herself into Drag Race royalty this time around - such MASTERY in responding to the other lip syncer :disco:

- God, WHAT an episode. BEST ALL STARS SINCE AS2

images (3).jpeg

See I love Ra’Jah’s new confidence, she’s practically beaming and throwing herself into things. TKB is doing well (when she isn’t doing terrible), but confidence? She does that peering down her nose thing if she thinks anyone has said anything resembling criticism.

That’s part of her charm!

Rajah has been wonderful too and I’m happy to see her win, no doubt about that.

I think Kylie is going to win and I wouldn’t be mad at that either.

Ginger, Kylie, TKB and Ra'jah feel like a very deserving top four (I imagine the game within a game returnee will go straight back out at the first time of asking)

That’s part of her charm!

Rajah has been wonderful too and I’m happy to see her win, no doubt about that.

I think Kylie is going to win and I wouldn’t be mad at that either.

:D not charming me
Neither is the toad! But I’m assuming one of them has already been chosen to win. I’m surprised you think Kylie would (id be here for it too)

Btw is Heidi ACTUALLY supposed to be a lip sync assassin? Or is she just local and can do the splits? I assumed that’s why Mayhem was there

her head ball falling off clearly at the wrong time :D

I don’t even know why I still watch this show, if anything it just makes me feel uncomfortable more than laugh.

I only found Ra’jah as Latoya Jackson funny in the Snatch Game. The end-of-the-pier style jokes from those that got Rupaul scream laughing are just not for me.

totally agree with @Penelope that Pandora needs some help, I felt so bad for her being increasingly swallowed up everything around her :(

Ru was fucking appalling this episode. Mocking Trinity was just embarrassing.

I don't really know Phyllis Diller but I presumed Ginger was good. Her and Kylie were both quick which was the name of the game, but format really doesn't lend itself to legendary performances.

Eureka's Divine wasn't for me. Ra'Jah looked terrible on the runway.

Well that was cut and dried. Although I was genuinely scared that Ginger would go full villain and take out Trinity. :D

It's a shame we couldn't have had Snatch Game two or three episodes ago. That way we could have put poor Pandora out of her misery a bit earlier. Jan must be fuming that she went home for THAT!

Snatch rank:

Ginger - Just a masterclass
Kylie - I thought she was doomed but she really pulled it out. Though it did feel just a TOUCH canned.
Eureka - She's not all that witty, is she? It was a fine, safe job, but she was really just reciting Divine's greatest hits.
Ra'Jah - God Ru really threw her a bone with that pre-written gag she relied on, but hey! It worked!
Pandora - Just sad. Everything felt so listless and half-hearted. Ahead of Trinity because she actually had some jokes, but they were all so hacky and unoriginal. I'd have dug into Catrall's abiding hatred of Sarah Jessica Parker.
Trinity - She definitely lost it this week, but I do appreciate her self-awareness and grace in defeat. She didn't blame anybody but herself for fucking up.

Oh Pandora...it was time to go.

This is surely one of the most CONSISTENTLY entertaining seasons. Pretty much not a single bad episode.

An ok Snatch Game. Kylie and Ra'jah were pleasant surprises, I really enjoyed both!

As for Pandora, good riddance. It became quickly tiresome to watch her just wallow in her misery despite everyone around actually trying to help her.

Kylie really showed both bottoms up: do some people not know how to YouTube binge the icons?

Ginger really needed to shut up, showboating over TKB's incredible portrayal of Nippy drowning on a stool, and even more so, Divine may as well have stabbed Pandora for 5 minutes straight. Then again, it was those jibes that seem to swung it Ginger's way, so I guess she got what she wanted and we'll get more of it.

For me, Raja was a breath of fresh air here, and the fact that it actually followed the formula of Ru's anecdote in the workbook made it feel almost spontaneous. She brought her verbal flair to the challenge so naturally.

I actually appreciated Michelle's comment about Eureka taking a big swing, but it missed the mark completely for me and her vulnerability when not winning finally surfaced. And that it followed Ginger really showed (they appear to have watched the other team's rounds).

TKB and Raja are my favourites, but the 2 ugly sisters in Ginger and Eureka seem determined to bulldoze over the competition at this point. I think we're in for some good TV if not satisfying TV. Kylie has shown she can stand out well now (and her runways have been marvelous), so I'm happy she is here for the photo finish.

Also, I am still a fan of Pandora and always will be. Her Superbowl was a hoot <3

Really interesting comments here. @VoR nails it re: Ginger. It was a MASTERCLASS. And @Penelope has it right too- imagine being that good and that confident that you knock the rest's comments out of the park too. And @Ag saying he didn't know Phyllis Diller- me neither, but the fact I still found it really funny is absolutely HOW you do it. Kylie was the big surprise for me- she was really good and although she didn't deserve the win, I'm pleasantly surprised at just how well she did and, indeed, how she's been all season.

I actually thought TKB handled it really well- arrogance? Not at all. She took the defeat with grace and humour and the way she's been brilliant to the other queens this season clearly is what saved her from a Manila-style "get rid of the frontrunner" exit, and I'm very here for it. Pandora deserved to go- such a shame to see what a victim she's become.

Still, it's Ginger vs TKB now, surely, though it feels like Ginger is beginning to edge properly ahead in a way that the early season didn't show. Still think it's overall been a GREAT cast- I like everyone left. BUT WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET ON WITH THIS FUCKING GAME WITHIN A GAME?! Imagine if they run the whole season again in the background with the losers and then have a final death match between the top two from each side...that would be the twist to end all twists :D

Oh ok. I've consistently been in favour of Ginger, albeit calling her out on her sincerity, but really can't be fucked with that comment actually. Clearly I just hate fat people. And I have never taken a swipe at their weight. The ugly sisters in Cinderella aren't even fat, so jog on with that crap.

Last edited:
Really interesting comments here. @VoR nails it re: Ginger. It was a MASTERCLASS. And @Penelope has it right too- imagine being that good and that confident that you knock the rest's comments out of the park too. And @Ag saying he didn't know Phyllis Diller- me neither, but the fact I still found it really funny is absolutely HOW you do it. Kylie was the big surprise for me- she was really good and although she didn't deserve the win, I'm pleasantly surprised at just how well she did and, indeed, how she's been all season.

I actually thought TKB handled it really well- arrogance? Not at all. She took the defeat with grace and humour and the way she's been brilliant to the other queens this season clearly is what saved her from a Manila-style "get rid of the frontrunner" exit, and I'm very here for it. Pandora deserved to go- such a shame to see what a victim she's become.

Still, it's Ginger vs TKB now, surely, though it feels like Ginger is beginning to edge properly ahead in a way that the early season didn't show. Still think it's overall been a GREAT cast- I like everyone left. BUT WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET ON WITH THIS FUCKING GAME WITHIN A GAME?! Imagine if they run the whole season again in the background with the losers and then have a final death match between the top two from each side...that would be the twist to end all twists :D
As amazing as a death match will be, I suspect that it'll be that they'll have some sway in the final episode and will have been watching everything from the sidelines since exiting.

Which worked so well in AS3. :D

Bringing somebody back at this point would be absurd, they've left it far too long.

I'd make the prize for the Game within a Game be an open invitation to AllStars 7.

This is Phyllis Diller. A lot of her material certainly wouldn't fly in 2021, which makes it even more impressive that Ginger managed to channel her comic style without being offensive.

That was mostly pretty dated, but I did enjoy the twins joke.

See where Sorb gets his material from now.

Oh ok. I've consistently been in favour of Ginger, albeit calling her out on her sincerity, but really can't be fucked with that comment actually. Clearly I just hate fat people. And I have never taken a swipe at their weight. The ugly sisters in Cinderella aren't even fat, so jog on with that crap.

But then why are you calling them ugly? Are either of them “ugly”? No. Both of them are just large.

I still don’t know what the pressure WAS for Pandora’s Snatch game :D

her S2 Carol didn’t even win that time, AND Bob actually did win it with that character later. It was hardly a “how the hell are you going to follow that masterclass?” moment

Pandora really PISSED all over whatever legacy she had with this season eh :D I wish they'd brought back Mrs Kasha Davies or Darienne Lake from that pool of queens instead. I remain certain Mrs Kasha Davis is capable of delivering us an all-time classic Snatch Game performance if the show would LET HER.

I found Ginger completely overbearing. Her performance angered me more than it made me laugh. LOVED Kylie's Dolly though, and I wish it had been the more traditional format as I think both Kylie and Ra'Jah would have benefitted from more queens to bounce off/less suffocation from Ginger and Eureka. Ra'Jah's laid back timing was great. La Toya was missing a MAGNIFYING GLASS however.
200.gif

That said I loved Eureka's Divine. It was a really well done characterisation. And Eureka was totally right to call out Pandora at the end :D They all must have been SICK of tip-toeing around her DARK CLOUD by that point.

Last edited:
I still don’t know what the pressure WAS for Pandora’s Snatch game :D

her S2 Carol didn’t even win that time, AND Bob actually did win it with that character later. It was hardly a “how the hell are you going to follow that masterclass?” moment
Oh COME ON - she didn't win but I'd bet a load of people thought she actually HAD with Carol Channing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom