AS6 E10: A Game Within A Game

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
Sorry if a thread was already made. My visions is rubbish these days.

Yara Sofia was SOOOO pissed she lost to Silky lol

Silky’s Barbie Girl lip sync was amazing! I have a feeling they’re going to bring Eureka and Silky both back because Eureka won that lipsync but Silky deserves it too for doing great.

She probably shouldn’t have spent a minute scratching herself then. She’s always pissed when she loses.

I thought Silky lost to both Jiggly and Jan but it is what it is. She’s just messy and I don’t enjoy her lipsyncs. Also where were all these props coming from?

Silky's lipsynchs were appalling. She is so unpolished, and basically used her size and cheap stunts and antics to impose herself on the stage. Her outfits were cheap, ill-fitting and unflattering. The wigs were low-cost and crunchy. I suppose the fact that there were very few gifted and respectful lip-synchers eliminated to go toe-to-toe with her was an overall problem (TKB and Ginger could have slayed her), but I would argue that Yara was about even, and that Jan bested her.

But Ru seems to have no choice but to stan, and they seemed very invested in the "Silky bulldozes the competition" narrative.

I was cheering Eureka on during her performance, and thankfully Silky seemed to come undone (or not) at the final hurdle.

All in all, I enjoyed hate-watching this episode.

Never have I ever wanted Eureka to do as well as I did now.

A whole episode of lip syncs with not one single one of them being entertaining enough to watch. Silky lost to Jiggly, Yara and Jan.

This for me was the worst episode of the season. I sat watching with the same facial expression as TKB.

Jan walking in looking angry was my second favourite moment.

I did admire Akeria deciding that she does not want to participate in the bullshit.

I don't really enjoy when they dedicate an entire episode to lip-syncs. Far too repetitive. There was some amusement to be had in Silky's increasingly ridiculous costume and prop set-ups.

I mean, the fact she just had an inflatable guitar sat on the side of the stage for that Pat Benetar song. WHAT? :D

Just WATCH them bring back BOTH BITCHES.

I did NOT need a whole episode of lip-synchs. They're just not fun to watch back-to-back. Now RUNWAYS on the other hand, I could watch for an entire season.

Also all the songs chosen for this episode were so much better than last week. Poor Kameron must have had an aneurism and half a dozen meltdowns over them.

Well that was a slog.

Much better to have paced that out and have a lipsync at the start and end of each episode rather than doing them all at once.

Also JUSTICE FOR JAN

Seriously, that was a FANTASTIC episode- one of the all time greats. I loved EVERY second of it! I can't believe anyone thought otherwise. Then again, knowing all the MISERIES in here who are just desperate to moan at Drag Race constantly, I'm not sure I AM that surprised. WHY ARE YOU STILL WATCHING!?

Anyway, I thought all the lip-syncs were PRETTY good and the songs were great on the whole (Ariana Grande was the only dull one for me). And sorry, but Silky DID bulldoze the competition! She was fucking great until the last lip-sync. She is a MUCH better lip-syncer than she was first time round, but she did the very clever trick of KNOWING her limitations and pulling out the fucking stunts- the cocktails were GREAT, the guitar was GREAT and Barbie Girl, as has already been said, was one for the ages. In a tide of boring lip-syncs, she made every one interesting and, let's face it, FUN. Surely it was all produced, though, as no fucking way you come THAT prepared with stunts and they'd never have risked losing that Barbie Girl SCHTICK. Anyway, the Silky haters can do one- she had some great moments. THE CRISPS! "Jan Jan, She's A Man"! The reveal with "IT'S ME, BITCH" :D

I also think both are coming back- Silky had a wardrobe malfunction that cost her the prize to Eureka but they can't let that string of wins go unrewarded, SURELY!? And it's BORING AS FUCK if they just put the last eliminated queen back in AGAIN.

And surely her guitar was just taped up in that ridiculous dress she had on? They cut the songs to remove some of the less "smooth" trickery and obviously that just came from there.

I mean who ELSE do we really wanna see back anyway? Pandora is talented but lacks enthusiasm. And y'all hate Jan, so....

I mean who ELSE do we really wanna see back anyway? Pandora is talented but lacks enthusiasm. And y'all hate Jan, so....

Indeed. They’re the only two who would have any potential to get rid of the existing top four.

Jan should have won indeed. But they obviously wanted to keep the Silky narrative going.

Of the three solo lip syncs we’ve seen this year, Silky’s
Barbie Girl is the worst (I’d say one of the worst lip syncs in general).

That means even Sister Sister’s was better.

We know you don’t like Silky but if you’re saying Barbie Girl wasn’t at least “quite good”, you’re clearly prejudiced for some reason. I mean, COME ON…

It’s not about disliking her; she looked a mess and it wasn’t very nice to watch.

This is how you do a solo lip sync:

:disco:

Oh, that was only a short clip. Oh well.

As an episode I loved the format. I just forwarded all the shit in-between.

Loved this! Silky was so entertaining and deserved to win them all (apart from possibly that last one 🥴)

Loved that so much. Silky has proved you do need special attacks or combos to ensure victory above catwalk-worthy ensembles, movement that unifies the song, or even an actual god damned lip sync though (:D), and let's face it none of her competitors had those components much anywas, it really was like Street Fighter in my head. I expected helium balloons to be released for Since U Been Gone and I was starting to think she was getting a helping hand somewhat. I felt myself going a little when Eureka was all but praying to her deceased mother on stage, that's certainly giving it her all, but going as far away from a traditional lip sync as Silky and her Mary Poppins bag of tricks, so what the hell by me frankly. An absolutely classic for the Drag Race annals for sure. I can appreciate that the formula may not be for the faint hearted, but I've not been on the edge of my seat lapping it up with this show in years if at all.

I think both will be coming back and can't wait for TKB's gracious reaction of course. Even just the energy between Jiggly and Silky's pantomime exchange was pure joy for me. What an episode.

Last edited:
Rewatched all the lip-syncs this morning and grinned from ear to ear. Rewatching, the guitar was already on the floor as Silky entered, so they'd obviously cued it up for her, not that it massively matters.

STILL laughing at Jan's face on "Jan, Jan, She's a man" :D

Barbie Girl was instantly one of the most iconic lip syncs of all time and made the entire build up to game within a game worth it. Silky deserves to come back for that alone, but I do think she won every lip sync up until Eureka (Jan was probably winning in the first half but I'd say Silky brought it back by the end).

I hope what some people are saying about bringing them both back turns out to be what happens, ending up with the same top 5 again would make the twist really boring and pointless, but also I'm not complaining about sitting through an hour of the Silky Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom