ASFM: Admin

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
We are currently at a bit of an impasse with ASFM. We currently have no hosts lined up for future events once ASFXMAS ends.

Ideally one in the new year would be great. Commitment is normally hosting 4-5 associated topics, along with the administration involved, lasting 2-3 weeks. Hard work but potentially very rewarding!

I was also thinking of a one evening speed round a la what @ZenGiraffe did, for a BEST OF the year ALL STARS type event. Obviously this takes up approx one day of your time between Xmas and NY.

I'd say if anyone is interested but wary of the work involved, I don't see any reason not to joint a host one if you can't fully commit.

Volunteers please! Previous hosts myself, @ButterTart, @Iguana, @ZenGiraffe @Soldi and @Beryl I'm sure can potentially advise and mentor if required.

We're yet to have a female host or a host living outside the UK.

I was also thinking of a one evening speed round a la what @ZenGiraffe did, for a BEST OF the year ALL STARS type event. Obviously this takes up approx one day of your time between Xmas and NY.
I will happily do some production help on this, but let's give it a slightly longer time scale than my one from earlier. Maybe 24 hours or so between submissions closing and the show itself.

A 24-hour ish quickie over Christmas sounds perfect! From then on I’m not sure there’d be as much of a demand/time in February-March what with national finals for weeks on end, and although this is looking quite far ahead, a Eurovision themed ASFM around Easter/April time could do quite well I think.

How many of the players are actually Eurovision loons?
I don’t know, ask them :tongueout:

I suppose it won’t hurt say if there’s twenty five rather than thirty five contestants. At least it’d give our Reet a better chance.

I think @Lucille would be quite a good host. He’s on here ALL THE TIME as it is.

Just to confirm I will not be hosting either the speed ASFM of the year of the new year one.

Don’t look at ME. I struggle to VOTE let alone collate everyone else’s bloody scores.

Reactions: COB
Actually, I think we're long overdue a Moopy edition of Eesti Laul, if you're up for it?
I’m flattered for being asked but I’m really not interested in hosting. It’s too much commitment for me and playing is already stressful enough.
MNfnlrL.gif

Not sure about a host who is hating the process. We've already had Beryl
I don't hate the process or anything, it's just that I'm not good ranking songs and I get easily bored. Same with Eurovision or anything else, I don't understand how people can rank them all every year so easily.

I'd let Alla host, he has experience and video making skills. The only thing I'd say, and I mean this only with a love for Alla and ASFM, is thick skin is sometimes required.

I and imagine other hosts have all taken a deep breath before continuing, at various points throughout the process.

I would struggle to commit to the time involved. Trying to do the Scavenger Hunt when I was at work all day was tough going although in theory, this would be a bit easier than that, I expect.

I think Alla would be an AMAZING host. If he wants to do it then we should let him.

I think with Alla, Kate, Tisch and Suomi all lined up that should last us a few months at least!

I ain’t doing no FUCKING EUROVISION SHITE though but you knew that
Someone better force Kate to watch all the Melfest shows next year :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom