Autobiography audiobooks

Suedehead

I Will Survive
It's been a big year for me with these - and I think these are the ideal format particularly when narrated by the author.

Some I really enjoyed this year have been:

- Matthew Perry - Friends, Lovers & The Terrible Thing
- Julia Fox - Down The Drain
- Andy Cohen - Daddy Diaries
- Britney Spears - The Woman In Me (so far)

More recommendations most welcome!

Olivia Newton-John's "Don't Stop Believin'" as read by the woman herself is a GEM

Andrew Lloyd Webber's rather scurrilous "Unmasked" is a must for musical theatre loons and is gossip a go go. It only goes up until Phantom though, so him getting sued by Patti Lupone is yet to come. There's quite a lot of Andy's roving eye for the lovely ladies, so be warned if you're of a sensitive disposition.

Andrew Lloyd Webber's rather scurrilous "Unmasked" is a must for musical theatre loons and is gossip a go go. It only goes up until Phantom though, so him getting sued by Patti Lupone is yet to come. There's quite a lot of Andy's roving eye for the lovely ladies, so be warned if you're of a sensitive disposition.

I'm not a musical theatre loon but ALW is omnipresent and I'm here for gossip so count me in!

The best I've listened to has been Mariah Carey's. Her narration is so good and the story is gripping.

I also really enjoyed Mel C's, a good mix of Spice history and her own personal battles.

I like them from time to time but I feel like the ends of chapters look so much more powerful and impactful in print form whereas in an audiobook it's just the end of another sentence. IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.

I agree that it's on autobiographies narrated by the author that the audiobook format excels. Miriam Margolyes, Alan Carr, Katherine Ryan, Daisy May Cooper amd David Mitchell all have ones I've enjoyed, even if 'autobiography' is pushing it a little as that list goes on.

The best I've listened to has been Mariah Carey's. Her narration is so good and the story is gripping.

I also really enjoyed Mel C's, a good mix of Spice history and her own personal battles.
Well I think my audible autobiography trend started with Mariah. We Stan a trend setting queen so festive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom