Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italia

• Holland: Season 2

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
There's been a frankly exhausting amount, which did you enjoy the most?

For me it's between AS6 - definitely one of the strongest All Stars runs in ages - and Canada 2.

I'll give it to Canada because it felt so much like what I want Drag Race to be - well written, unforced and a genuinely fair competition rather than a largely pre-determined walk through what Ru and the Producers decided they wanted on episode 1. Really strong cast too.

Haven't watched Espana, Italia or Holland Season 2.

For me it’s been:
1. US 13 - I liked the longer intro episodes, and it was a strong set I think, and I ended up really loving the top 4 in a way I hadn’t since maybe S9

2. AS6 - could’ve survived without a few of the queens, but some revelations after initially thinking the cast looked a bit iffy

3. Canada S2 - well I didn’t quite go along with the winner but it was a fun and positive ride, and as polished as the regionals get.

4. UK S3 - the strugglebus, bogged down with maybe not the best assortment of queens, plus the rushed rumours. I didn’t really love any of them by the end.

5. Down Under S1 - holy hell this was crunchy in a sort of mean-spirited way. The Art Simone unexplained return was definitely a shark jump, and it all felt a bit provincial, I don’t remember any wow moments, just bad blood

1. Canada
2. AS6 - Trinity's redemption arc, Laganja's lip sync, some great challenges - but also some very ropey episodes, Pandora Boxx hanging around like a cloud of misery and I genuinely just had to look up who won because I had entirely forgotten.
3. US13 - Had its moments but the way Kandy was airlifted through to the finals really soured it, despite the fact that I ended up warming to her personally.
4. UK3 - Not irredeemable, but definitely missed the mark
5. Down Under - A disaster.

The franchise has become so exhausting, but DRUK still remains (at this point) the best version. Sure S3 was a drip from the mighty S2 but it improved as the weeks went on. Espana was enjoyable but I am done with the US for the time being.

1 - UK2
2 - All Stars 6
3 - Down Under

Canada was good but I lost steam. 13 was fine but too long. UK3 was alright. The others I haven't seen.

I thought Down Under had more enjoyable personalities and was a more fun watch than UK3. UK3 had some talented queens but the queens didn't bring the wit.

This really is the first time I've genuinely felt Drag Race exhaustion though. I've moaned about it in the past but still woken up early to watch each new episode. These past months I've fast forwarded through chunks of each episode of UK3 and Canada.

The solution is probably not to watch every single anglophone season but still.

I feel exhausted by it and I only watched half.

I will watch Canada 2 now it's on iPlayer.

I'd said before that I intended to get a Wow+ subscription to watch the others, but now with S14 ending up there, and feeling I'd need to watch all the others here to get my money's worth, it all feels kind of overwhelming again. So I'll probably not bother.

España is the only correct answer, sorry drags. One of the best Drag Race seasons of ALL TIME with an iconic and talented cast, SO MUCH WEEKLY DRAMA and TWISTS AND TURNS it's actually ridiculous and one of the best winners of all time. And THAT finale lipsync was one of the best of any franchise ever.

It also gave us the high camp of this:
hugaceo-crujiente-mona-lisa-snatch-game-drag-race-espana.gif

Canada season 2 was very strong too, although I did struggle to figure out who most of the queens WERE in the first few episodes, as the cast was STACKED with skinny fashion queens who all initially moulded into one for me.

Another ICONIC winner there too :disco:

Of the ones listed - I will defend S13 more than most, but I have to hand it to AS6. I'm looking forward to watching Canada S2 though!

AS6 - felt the most essential

Espana - was a load of fun but some of humor did not translate (still a fantastic cast)

Canada 2 - another strong cast with probably the best runways of any season of drag race

US 13 - it was good but too long

UK 3 - a thing I watched

Australia - cursed

Reactions: VoR
I said t before but anything that doesn’t have Rupaul as a host is immediately better these days. Brooklyn and Supremme both did it better and with a lighter touch.

Mama! Canada served leeeewrks! So many iconic looks, the other editions can only dream of!!

From what I've seen on it. The Keta & Anita hosted super-low budget (it's literally shot in an AIRBNB) show House Of Drag that features Elektra Shock as a contestant is about 10000% more entertaining than Drag Race Down Under was :D

Was UK2 this year? Then obviously it’s the winner.

For some reason I thought it aired last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom