Best series of Star Trek

*makes that stupid Vulcan peace sign*

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I'm not really a trekkie but they're always on Sky and I can actually quite happily sit and watch The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager. Deep Space Nine is the only one I actively followed as a kid. I like all the political and religious stuff.

I also enjoy the almost universally terrible acting. It's like Dynasty for spotty virgins.

Enterprise is so so so so so so bad though. Scott Bakula from Quantum Leap is just ridiculous as a Starfleet captain, especially as he just IS playing Sam Beckett in a different setting. Also the theme tune is jaw-droppingly wrong. Diane Warren powerballads in Star Trek? PISS OFF!

This is the saddest topic I have ever made. :gross:

ST:TNG

It was the one I avidly watched growing up.

Ditto, although I got into "Deep Space Nine" by proxy.

As for the acting VoR, TNG was exceptional at times. No idea what you're on about,

Well, Patrick Stewart does border on the hammy side at times. Especially the first season and Marina Sirtis can hardly act her way out of a paper bag.

Last edited:
As for the acting VoR, TNG was exceptional at times. No idea what you're on about,

250px-DeannaTroi.jpg

I love how she was one of the highest ranking people on the ship when all she seemed to DO was wander around in that LUDICROUS vagina outfit with big hair looking confused and stating the ABSOLUTELY BLOODY OBVIOUS.

I love how she was one of the highest ranking people on the ship when all she seemed to DO was wander around in that LUDICROUS vagina outfit with big hair looking confused and stating the ABSOLUTELY BLOODY OBVIOUS.

OI, she earnt her promotion.

Last edited:
I could actually just make a thread out of my favourite Deana Troi moments.

Top would be the episode where she contracts a rapid ageing disease, dies briefly, is lying on the table with straight old person hair, is revived by Dr Crusher (another acting TALANT) camera cuts away, cuts back and suddenly her hair has bounced back into that ridiculous perm thing again.

Leave her alone! :Oi:

She was greek and a cockney. I can RELATE.

Well, Patrick Stewart does border on the hammy side at times.

It's a knowing hamminess though isn't it? I mean for fuck's sake it's a sci-fi series and Star Trek at that. They're not going to be taken terribly seriously with those silly costumes on.

For what it's worth, I think he's a fantastic actor.

New poll. Least convincing Star Trek Sex symbol!

It's a toss up between SKELETOR

beverly25.jpg

and the crabby old dyke from DS9!

2346.jpg

Last edited:
The worst acting I've ever SEEN was in Deep Space 9.

There was this STUPID one where there were 3 aliens and one was some introverted weirdo with a nervous tic, one was supposed to be a temptress but looked like a man and the other was some fat old cunt who acting like a 2 year old. It was like watching a centre for severe autism.

New poll. Least convincing Star Trek Sex symbol!

It's a toss up between SKELETOR

beverly25.jpg

Seriously though, that's just a scummy picture of Crusher. She looked fantastic at times.

Last edited:
I love the episode of TNG where Troi, Data and O'Brien are posessed by the spirits of convicts.

Actually I may have voted too hastily. Back then I preferred DS9, but some of it is quite dreary. Almostg every episode of TNG is watchable in some way.

I could actually just make a thread out of my favourite Deana Troi moments.

Top would be the episode where she contracts a rapid ageing disease, dies briefly, is lying on the table with straight old person hair, is revived by Dr Crusher (another acting TALANT) camera cuts away, cuts back and suddenly her hair has bounced back into that ridiculous perm thing again.

I feel sorry for her. I lose track of the number of times she's been mind-raped.

There's an amazing episode of the Next Generation where Picard lives out a whole life in the sapce of a few minutes.

Say what you want about Star Trek, but at times it (particularly TNG) delivered stellar writing; the very best that sci-fi has to offer.

Captain Sisqo does my head in in DS9. The way he BARKS out every line of dialogue, no matter how incidental.

Thank God for Dax, Quark, Odo and Garak.

Oh and of course the fantastic Louise Fletcher as Kai Winn.

I also liked how Nurse Ogawa progressed to at least a line an episode instead of a nod of the head towards the end of it's run.

My friend Joe works at conventions from time to time. Here he is with some of TNG cast!

Marina has had WAY too much surgery from the looks of things!

Marina.jpg

LeForge and Riker

C9.jpg

The Next Generation also did the Groundhog Day concept much better than the film (and indeed before it I think).

There's another episode about perceived realities which was wonderful.

Actually, when I think about it, it was a fantastic series.

Don't get me wrong Edward I do LOVE it, and genuinely admire it. Really forward thinking, intelligent show.

But it could also be cheesy as FUCK, so it works on just about every level for me! :D

To be fair, Next Gen had loads of shit episodes.

That one with Dr Crusher and the Ghost, Sub Rosa. what the fuck was that all about.

Yeah but you can't expect consistency for what, 8 years that it ran?

No scifi series has managed that, not even The X Files. Hell most dramas don't manage it.

Poor FIERCELY HETEROSEXUAL Wesley Crusher! :(

WesleyCrusher.jpg

Although as Star Trek kids go, Worf's son Alexander was actually FAR more irritating, if thankfully less prone to saving the day.

Or Q-Pid. What could be more fun than a Robin Hood episode? :manson:

Yes but it was cool watching it in your childhood. Like VoR says, it managed to strike a balance between miondless entertainment and intelligent writing.

Kes was prettier anyway, once she grew her hair out. Alas I can find no good pictures of her so this will have to do.

kes2a.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom