Best series of Star Trek

*makes that stupid Vulcan peace sign*

• Total voters
Well it probably doesnt help that its the only one I havent seen every episode of, in fact I havent seen the majority of the final series'.

The worst acting I've ever SEEN was in Deep Space 9.

There was this STUPID one where there were 3 aliens and one was some introverted weirdo with a nervous tic, one was supposed to be a temptress but looked like a man and the other was some fat old cunt who acting like a 2 year old. It was like watching a centre for severe autism.

It was brilliant acting then - it was meant to be a centre for severe autism.

I love that episode, although the slutty one was clearly capable of functioning in society compared to the rest. I loved how she even got beamed out lying down seductively. Surely she'd just have fallen down quite painfully at the other end. :geek:

I've been getting my :geek: into Voyager at the moment, i originally dismissed it, now i reckon it's the best one

Voyager is great for people who like neat, simple stories alright.

Some of us prefer something rather more complex. :)

I watched DS9 a fair bit back in the day (when it was on BBC)

i found it boring then and i still do now. Not sure why i ever watched it to be fair. There are too many repugnant characters - Quark, his brother, Odo, Bashir. Ugh.

Indie has basically summed up why I hate DS9, I hated virtually every character.

The reason I love Voyager is because I like every character (Kes aside, but she left half way through).

Hating most people is REAL LIFE guys

What a FABULOUS thread, I can't believe I only just discovered it

And of course Next Generation was the best; and OF COURSE it as ALL about Deanna 'CAN'T ACT FOR SHIT BUT NICE T'n'A ACTION' Troi :disco:

I liked Kes a lot.

The only Voyager character I really hate is Harry Kim. What a completely dull waste of space. Apparently when they decided they were going to bring in Seven to spice things up they originally planned to fire him, as the actor was lazy and unreliable, but that year he inexplicably got voted onto People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people list so they decided to keep him and poor lovely Kes got the boot instead.

I hate the episode where she comes back all fat and evil though. TERRIBLE.

I used to like her loads

TashaYar.jpg

You can tell her Wikipedia entry is written by a freakzoid Trekkie :D

I liked Kes a lot.

The only Voyager character I really hate is Harry Kim. What a completely dull waste of space. Apparently when they decided they were going to bring in Seven to spice things up they originally planned to fire him, as the actor was lazy and unreliable, but that year he inexplicably got voted onto People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people list so they decided to keep him and poor lovely Kes got the boot instead.

I hate the episode where she comes back all fat and evil though. TERRIBLE.

I couldn't stand Kes, just thought she was a pathetic, useless character who could've had some good storylines but didn't. She was just too whiney and needy. The one where she tries to get pregnant and has to have her feet rubbed was particularly excruciating. I was overjoyed when she was replaced by Seven (and so was the other half).

I couldn't stand Kes, just thought she was a pathetic, useless character who could've had some good storylines but didn't. She was just too whiney and needy. The one where she tries to get pregnant and has to have her feet rubbed was particularly excruciating. I was overjoyed when she was replaced by Seven (and so was the other half).

All brilliant reasons as to why Kes was shit. Her voice annoyed me most of all though :grr:

THE Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren) is about to be interviewed on BBC Radio 5 Live by Richard Bacon.

You can watch her in the studio HERE

Last edited:
A couple of days ago, cable had the episode of the Next Gen when Ro Laren and La Forge are invisible and everyone thinks they are dead. AND also Best of Both Worlds Part I and II. It was GEEK HEAVEN.

Even though Star Trek has some gaping plot holes, the stories really are great.

"Resistance is futile... number one"

*insert dramatic orchestral score*

Oh dear Kes :(

jennifer-lien-mugshot.jpg

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/jennifer-lien-arrested-star-trek-voyager-1201594328/

“Star Trek: Voyager” actress Jennifer Lien was arrested and has been in custody for two weeks after allegedly exposing herself in front of several children, Roane County police confirm.

Lien has been charged with two misdemeanor counts of indecent exposure in an incident that happened on Aug. 31 in Harriman, Tenn.

A neighbor of Lien’s made a complaint to police after Lien began a tirade due to a crying child, and during her tirade, exposed her breasts and buttocks. The neighbor stated that she had three children in the yard while this was happening.

According to a Roane County Sheriff’s Office report, when police appeared on Sept. 3 with a warrant, Lien was not wearing clothes and resisted arrest.

“The offender stated she wasn’t going any f–king where and we needed to leave her alone,” reads the police report by responding officer Billy Walker.

Lien also threatened to have the officers shot and killed, says the police report. She was transported to the patrol car and taken to the Roane County Jail, and is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 7.

The actress appeared on “Star Trek: Voyager” from 1995 to 2000 as Kes. Her other credits include “American History X,” “Accidents Don’t Happen,” “Men in Black: The Series,” “Battle Force: Andromeda” and voice work in “Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride.”

This isn’t Lien’s first run-in with the law. In April, she was arrested and charged with evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.

Bloody hell! I do remember reading rumours about her behaviour/possible addiction problem being part of why she left the show :o

I went to see the crowd-funded DS9 documentary in the cinema last night, and it was absolutely excellent.

- Nana Visitor and Terry Farrell are still looking SNATCHED
- The Gul Dukat actor is an oddball whom Nana seems to be very wary of
- Sisko/Avery Brooks declined to participate so they had to use bits from other interviews
- Jake Sisko/Cirroc Lofton is more :horny: than ever, and Nog is extremely irritating. Nice to hear Cirroc and Avery still have a very close relationship
- At one stage, as they're ticking some boxes for social issues covered by the show, they tick sexual identity due to the Dax 'lesbian' kiss, and then they remove it as they felt they hadn't done enough over the course of the show, particularly with Garak being obviously gay and them never saying it
- LOVED the bit where the writers got back together to plan a hypothetical first episode of a Season 8 20 years later, which sounded amazing :(
- Oh and the HD remastering of scenes inside and outside the station was stunning

10/10

Last edited:
That sounds great! I keep meaning to start a rewatch of DS9, I think a lot of it went over my head at the time (much as I loved it anyway).

Reactions: dUb
It really was FAB. And yep, I need a rewatch too... I think the war stuff was just too confusing/heavy for me at the TIME :DAF:

Some good points were made about DS9 daring to do serialised television in an era when it was all about self-contained episodes.

It's by far and away my favourite Trek show, mainly for the characters and the glorious setting. That station design :horny:

Also I found this interesting re (Jadzia) Dax's departure. It wasn't really covered in the film though, other than the K-Mart thing
Terry Farrell:

The problems with my leaving were with Rick Berman. In my opinion, he’s just very misogynistic. He’d comment on your bra size not being voluptuous. His secretary had a 36C or something like that, and he would say something about “Well, you’re just, like, flat. Look at Christine over there. She has the perfect breasts right there.” That’s the kind of conversation he would have in front of you. I had to have fittings for Dax to have larger breasts. I think it was double-D or something. I went to see a woman who fits bras for women who need mastectomies; I had to have that fitting. And then I had to go into his office. Michael Piller didn’t care about those things, so he wasn’t there when you were having all of these crazy fittings with Rick Berman criticizing your hair or how big your breasts were or weren’t. That stuff was so intense, especially the first couple of years.

I started modeling when I was seventeen, so I was used to comments like that, but it was a different experience for me to be around normal, respectful people. And then he’s my boss.

According to Farrell, when her Deep Space Nine contract was expiring following the end of season six, she requested that she appear in fewer episodes, noting the sheer number of regular and recurring characters featured on the show, which would allow her to work fewer hours.

Basically he was trying to bully me into saying yes. He was convinced that my cards were going to fold and I was going to sign up. He had [another] producer come up to me and say, “If you weren’t here, you know you’d be working at Kmart.” I was, like, “What the hell are you talking about? I had a career before this. Why the hell would I be working at Kmart? Who are you?” Just to be jerky, he’d call me in my trailer: “Have you been thinking about it yet? Are you going to sign?” Like, right before I had a scene. It was that kind of thing. Rick Berman said I was hardballing him, and I was, like, “I’m not. I just want to have a conversation. You’re giving me a take-it-or-leave-it offer and I’m not okay with that.” So I finally did have a conversation with him and asked to cut down my number of episodes or just let me out.

And Ira Steven Behr:

Let’s put it this way: if I had known what was going on, I would have stopped it. There is no doubt in my mind, because that opened a whole can of worms, and I learned more than I wanted to know what was happening under my nose and behind my back of things that were going on. I would have walked over to the Cooper Building and in one conversation I would have stopped that from happening, but everyone chose not to tell me for various reasons. Including, as I found out, to protect me from having to get in someone’s face and what that would mean for my position and stuff like that. And I said that was all ridiculous.

Last edited:
God I LOVE DS9, even though I haven’t even gotten to the good stuff yet (from when Worf joins onwards :D ) as there’s SO MANY EPISODES to watch.

Nana Visitor is a queen. Kira was my main reason to keep watching through the clunky first few episodes :disco: ‘Duet’ remains an episode high point of ANY TV show ever. So strange that she doesn’t seem to be as absolutely beloved as other Star Trek characters.

I watched all of DS9 last year. Still rate it pretty low.

Highlight of the entire thing is Worf saying "Minsk" a lot (well, three times) in the last episode.

I was really looking forward to the Picard show until I discovered that it will be tied into events that occurred in the Star Trek film reboot.

I was there too!
I went to see the crowd-funded DS9 documentary in the cinema last night, and it was absolutely excellent.

- Nana Visitor and Terry Farrell are still looking SNATCHED
- The Gul Dukat actor is an oddball whom Nana seems to be very wary of
- Sisko/Avery Brooks declined to participate so they had to use bits from other interviews
- Jake Sisko/Cirroc Lofton is more :horny: than ever, and Nog is extremely irritating. Nice to hear Cirroc and Avery still have a very close relationship
- At one stage, as they're ticking some boxes for social issues covered by the show, they tick sexual identity due to the Dax 'lesbian' kiss, and then they remove it as they felt they hadn't done enough over the course of the show, particularly with Garak being obviously gay and them never saying it
- LOVED the bit where the writers got back together to plan a hypothetical first episode of a Season 8 20 years later, which sounded amazing :(
- Oh and the HD remastering of scenes inside and outside the station was stunning

10/10

I was there too! The things we do for love...

but as a CASUAL DS9 viewer the documentary flew by considering it was +2 hours long. Nana Visitor is a total punk rocker and I love how, unlike the showrunner, she was completely unrepentant about Kira being a freedom fighter :disco:

I enjoyed this video essay about the simmering sexual tension between Garak and Dr Bashir in DS9 :disco:

Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom