Best year of the 2010s?

Which one gives you ALL THE FEELS?

• 2010: This Is My Life, Kom, Manboy, Salem Al Fakir, I Did It For Love, Pernilla, NEO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2013: Robin Stjernberg, Heartbreak Hotel, Swedish Housewives, M Rolinski, Porslin, Heartstrings

• 2015: Heroes, Dinah Nah, Don't Stop Believing, Mot mig I Gamla stan, HELLO HI,

• 2016: Frans, Don't Worry, Constellation Prize, Save Me, Human, My Heart Wants Me Dead, Killer Girl

• 2018: Dance You Off, Renaida, Kamferdrops, In My Cabana, Shuffla, Party Voice, Everyday, For You

• Total voters

Penelope

I šta ćemo sad?
Pronouns
Any
Yes this is a POLL on YOUR FAVOURITE MELODIFESTIVALEN of the decade

Last edited:
A close run between 2011 and 2014, but that 2014 final line-up is just incredible.

For me it's very close between 2016 and 2017 (with 2019 not too far behind) - there's just *astonishing* strength in depth in the full line-ups for both. On balance, 2017.

Reactions: Hak
2019 for moi, although I’ve only been following intently since 2016.

I think in terms of the actual line-up I prefer 2017 but a fair few INCORRECT DECISIONS were made that drags the year down a bit. The 2019 final was INCREDIBLE and also came off the back of quite a mediocre 2018.

I always forget how good 2017 was on account of that utterly forgettable consensus winner. :evil:

Oh Sweden is so cruel when it comes to this I can't even factor results into it.
Oh I know, there’s not many years at all that my favourite wins, although I can’t quite shake off a certain result from 2017.

Yes this is a POLL on YOUR FAVOURITE MELODIFESTIVALEN of the decade
My eyes are narrowed at you for forgetting RedOne pimp-slot off-key banger ‘Dance Alone’ from your 2011 highlights.

And, of course, the ensuing Andra Chansen battle of DOOM.

Last edited:
My eyes are narrowed at you for forgetting Timbaland pimp-slot off-key banger ‘Dance Alone’ from your 2011 highlights.

And, of course, the ensuing Andra Chansen battle of DOOM.
I tried to put it in but Loreen and Yenny took up all the characters :(

We do not SPEAK of the schlagercaust of Sundsvall that was that andra chansen.

2016 and 2017 was great years, for me 2016 edges out the win on account of creativity, depth and breadth.

2016 was so good. If I Were Sorry, Constellation Prize and My Heart Wants Me Dead were all great.

We had so many gut wrenching moments like:
- Isa plunging into self deprecation after getting eliminated by cultural appropriation
- Loreen eliminated to a guy with a guitar stealing Lisa Ajax's staging and emoting.

Ridiculously good moments:
- Ace Wilder's cool staging
- Bengzings new haircut
- Molly deepthroating water
- Save Me reintroducing pop country to the Mello audience (that would pave way for Anna Bergendahl's return)
- Danny and Molly thinking Youniverse would win
- Everything about STATEMENTS!!!!!

Crazy drama:
- Loreen procrastinating until two days before the press conference
- John Lundvik being called up the evening before the lineup announcement with the news that he had been snubbed a place in the competition for the 2nd time!
- SVT producers crying at a press conference for CRUSHING Anna Books dreams of ending up 7th in a SF :disco:

Last edited:
11 and 15 had a ridiculous hit rate of quality nonsense, 10 had Kom, ‘16 was the first year I started following it but had a shit winner, 19 was the first one I went to in person but the final was just ok and was marred by Bishara.

In conclusion, fuck knows.

2016 and 2017 was great years, for me 2016 edges out the win on account of creativity, depth and breadth.

2016 was so good. If I Were Sorry, Constellation Prize and My Heart Wants Me Dead were all great.

We had so many gut wrenching moments like:
- Isa plunging into self deprecation after getting eliminated by cultural appropriation
- Loreen eliminated to a guy with a guitar stealing Lisa Ajax's staging and emoting.

Ridiculously good moments:
- Ace Wilder's cool staging
- Bengzings new haircut
- Molly deepthroating water
- Save Me reintroducing pop country to the Mello audience (that would pave way for Anna Bergendahl's return)
- Danny and Molly thinking Youniverse would win
- Everything about STATEMENTS!!!!!

Crazy drama:
- Loreen procrastinating until two days before the press conference
- John Lundvik being called up the evening before the lineup announcement with the news that he had been snubbed a place in the competition for the 2nd time!
- SVT producers crying at a press conference for CRUSHING Anna Books dreams of ending up 7th in a SF :disco:
Statements was 2017!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom