Beyoncé - 'Lemonade'

Classic album?

• Total voters

pvdfmirmjl8xroimnfax.0.png

Must say this is ageing very well and she may as well just stop here.

Probably her most consistent album to date. I probably prefer 'Beyonce' but also I'd say it's lows are are lower. Some of her best work is on here. "Hold Up" "Sorry" "6 Inch" and "All Nite" absolutely slap. And "Freedom" and "Don't Hurt Yourself" work well at bringing some pounders.

New material please Yonce! (Good stuff please)

07 Pray You Catch Me
10 Hold Up
08 Don't Hurt Yourself
10 Sorry
08 6 Inch
06 Daddy Lessons
05 Love Drought
06 Sandcastles
06 Foreward
09 Freedom
09 All Nite
09 Formation

I will always prefer Self-Titled. It came out at the perfect moment, and I think it was the perfect mélange of sounds for Beyoncé, with elements of R&B, hip-hop, and pop seamlessly blended, and perfectly packaged and presented.

Lemonade felt a bit too stunt-ish, with the accompanying Jay-Z/Becky soap opera, but the album is very good - the final three tracks, in particular, being career-bests.

08 Pray You Catch Me
08 Hold Up
09 Don't Hurt Yourself
09 Sorry
10 6 Inch
09 Daddy Lessons
08 Love Drought
07 Sandcastles
07 Foreward
11 Freedom
11 All Nite
11 Formation

05 Pray You Catch Me
10 Hold Up
08 Don't Hurt Yourself
10 Sorry
08 6 Inch
10 Daddy Lessons
05 Love Drought
06 Sandcastles
05 Foreward
09 Freedom
07 All Nite
11 Formation

I think in time Lemonade will dismantle Beyoncé for me as her masterpiece.

For all the unnecessary shade she keeps getting about her recent music lacking tunes or hooks, I would say that the songwriting on Lemonade is stellar and probably stronger than on the self titled album.

And, oh! How good has time been to 4? But that's another topic.

Artistically it’s brilliant. But she’s trying too hard to be real music and in that she chose trill and trap, similar to Ariana, and it’s just... why would you do that, with such an amazing voice?

I also much prefer her self titled. That was her Butterfly - the perfect blend.

the best tracks are All Nite and 6 Inch and to be honest, they’re up there with her best.

08 Pray You Catch Me
08 Hold Up
08 Don't Hurt Yourself
09 Sorry
09 6 Inch
09 Daddy Lessons
10 Love Drought
09 Sandcastles
07 Forward
09 Freedom
11 All Night
08 Formation

easily her tightest record front to back. All Night is 100% that bitch.

Pretentious as all fuck.
it really isn't very pretentious :D I used to be of that view too, when I was looking for reasons to hate on her. but it's actually just a very confident, genre-hopping record with some great songwriting across the board.

Artistically it’s brilliant. But she’s trying too hard to be real music and in that she chose trill and trap, similar to Ariana, and it’s just... why would you do that, with such an amazing voice?

I really cannot understand this comment at all :D genres include pop, reggae, rock, R&B and soul, but decidedly no trap or "trill"! an Ariana situation this is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom