Beyoncé - act i: RENAISSANCE

listened to Lemonade in full and several tracks twice this morning :disco: I don't remember it being SO GOOD.

Daddy Lessons, Love Drought and All Night... yas.

decidedly FREE of TRAP also.

Trap?

She seems to be going in the direction she wants to now and has stopped hit chasing which is fair enough as she doesn’t exactly need the money. I personally would much prefer her to come back with a POP BANGER at 40 to show all these bitches how it is REALLY DONE.

In all fairness as it is a big milestone for her it really wouldn’t surprise me if she DID go back down that route to show everyone she is still a chart force.

Like Ms. @Jark, I'm dipping my buss back into Bey's back cat today, and I am currently bumping to World Wide Woman (WWW!). I love her basic mid-00s bawps. Obviously, the 30+ mature queen in me stans her artistique side but those cheap hits, TKOs (Tina Knowles Originals) and finger-snaps are just.... ugh *chef's kiss*

The idea of Bey chasing a cheap hit to please queens stuck in 07 listening to Freemasons mixes and the Destiny's Child GH... it's a hard no from me. Keep serving us that ART Bey. We have Joanne for cheap gay bawps.

The idea of Bey chasing a cheap hit to please queens stuck in 07 listening to Freemasons mixes and the Destiny's Child GH... it's a hard no from me. Keep serving us that ART Bey. We have Joanne for cheap gay bawps.

Come back to me in September. It ain’t gonna be Lemonade…

What's with the Freemasons hate Lou? You're making me cry.

1. All Night
2. Formation
3. 7/11
4. Partition (Dave Aude Remix)
5. GET ME BODIED
6. Mine
7. Haunted
8. Green Light
9. Schoolin' Life
10. XOXO
BONUS
11. Green Light (Freemasons YASS)
12. I was Here
13. Blow
14. Work It Out (yassssssssssssssssssssssssss)
15. Freakum Dress :disco:

Pretty Hurts, Ego, Sweet Dreams, Deja Vu, Irreplaceable, Halo, and Videophone don't need to be aired again.

If she wasn’t going to cater for “the queens stuck in ‘07” she wouldn’t PANDER to them by making them go crazy when she performs the HITS at every concert. She went a certain direction with the last album but she will keep evolving. As I said earlier she doesn’t NEED to chase hits, but she does enjoy her status as QUEEN BEY.

If she wasn’t going to cater for “the queens stuck in ‘07” she wouldn’t PANDER to them by making them go crazy when she performs the HITS at every concert. She went a certain direction with the last album but she will keep evolving. As I said earlier she doesn’t NEED to chase hits, but she does enjoy her status as QUEEN BEY.

like shoving out Kelly and Michelle during her Coachella set :disco: what a moment

At the Formation World Tour, she didn't even do Single Ladies... I don't thinks she wheels out the hits at all. DC3 songs are largely paid dust, with the exception of Say My Name (and occasionally Survivor).

This will ALWAYS be her greatest hit

80465b7af59f4cfe8c9a43b207ec213e.jpg

everybody knows Single Ladies was a novelty song and that wouldn't age well, besides being doomed to be played at every wedding I've been to for the last 10 years :zombie: but at the time she needed it, how else could she compete against Paparazzi and Hot´N´Cold???

I actually think Single Ladies is pretty GOOD! it's aged much better than most of the other big hits of that year as singled out by Pipo.

At the Formation World Tour, she didn't even do Single Ladies... I don't thinks she wheels out the hits at all. DC3 songs are largely paid dust, with the exception of Say My Name (and occasionally Survivor).

No, but she did do Irreplaceable, Run The World, Baby Boy, Me Myself and I, Ring The Alarm and so on and on and on. :D

Doesn’t wheel out the HITS? HA!

The set list for reference of the girl that seems to be ashamed of her legacy according to “some queens”.

1. "No Angel" (video intro) (contains elements of "Formation")
  2. "Formation"
  3. "Sorry"(contains elements of "I'm Sorry (Brenda Lee song)")
  4. "Irreplaceable"(acapella)
  5. "Bow Down" (contains elements of "Tom Ford")
  6. "Run the World (Girls)"
  7. "Superpower" (video interlude) (containing elements of "Made It")
  8. "Mine" (contains elements of "Standing on the Sun Remix"
  9. "Baby Boy" (contains elements of "Freaks")
  10. "Hold Up" (contains elements of "Bam Bam")
  11. "Countdown"(contains elements of "Pop My Trunk")
  12. "Me, Myself and I"
  13. "Runnin' (Lose It All)"
  14. "All Night"
  15. "I Care" (video interlude) (contains elements of "Ghost" and "6 Inch")
  16. "Don't Hurt Yourself"
  17. "Ring the Alarm" (contains elements of "Five to One", "Ring the Alarm (Tenor Saw song)", "Independent Woman Part I", "Lost Yo Mind" and "I Been On")
  18. "Diva"(contains elements of "U Mad", "Cut It" and "Panda"
  19. "Flawless (Remix)" / "Feeling Myself"
  20. "Yoncé"
  21. "Drunk in Love" (contains elements of "Swimming Pools (Drank)"
  22. "Rocket"
  23. "Partition"
  24. "Freakum Dress" (video interlude) (contains elements of "Hip Hop Star")
  25. "Daddy Lessons"
  26. "Love On Top" (acapella)
  27. "1+1"
  28. "The Beautiful Ones"
  29. "Purple Rain" (video interlude with the original recording)
  30. "Crazy in Love" (contains elements of the 2014 Remix and excerpts from "Bootylicious")
  31. "Naughty Girl"
  32. "Party" (contains elements of "La Di Da Di")
  33. "Die With You" (video interlude) (contains elements of "Blue")
Encore
  1. "Freedom"
  2. "Survivor"
  3. "End of Time"(contains elements of "Grown Woman")
  4. "Halo"

B'Day is the album for me when I'm getting ready for a bussylicious night out on the dancefloors :disco:

It's a DAMN shame the bonus tracks aren't on Spotify for the full, tuneless, voxalicious, LOUD experience! Back Up, Lost Yo Mind and Creole just have to be there.

Yes, that setlist looks like it's 90% hits and not at all full of deep cuts! I can't for the life of me think why a load of white girls at Wembley were complaining they didn't know any of the songs :basil:

Anyway, seeing as we're talking about the hits, can we recognise her commitment to trying to make this smash, despite not even being a proper album track?

I detoured into the DC back cat, and realised it's been twenty years since the legend, the culture, the moment that was the Survivor era.

Iconic, all the while in a Tina Knowles combat original.

destinys child beyonce GIF

The DC singles run from Bills, Bills, Bills through to Lose My Breath was just... ugh. I think it's the only multi-album girl group offensive that can rival the Spice Girls' dominance.

10 No, No No Part II (featuring Wyclef)
07 With Me
10 Get On The Bus
10 Bills, Bills, Bills
08 Bug-a-Boo
10 Say My Name
10 Jumpin', Jumpin' - fun fact, the sole vocalist here is Bey, she does all the BVs and harmonies. We stan a hard worker.
10 Independent Women Part I
10 Survivor
10 Bootylicious
09 Emotion
07 Nasty Girl
11 Lose My Breath - UGH *dies*
08 Soldier
06 Girl
01 Cater 2 U
01 Stand Up For Love

You're not a Millennial queen if you didn't scream the first (and then every subsequent time) you saw this.

one direction beliebers GIF by Vevo

And then obviously the icawnique moment at the end of the video when all three storm through the crowd and let us have it with their pose in high drag.

I've never cared for Survivor (don't cancel me) but then again I've never cared for the SG Mama. I would even dare to say I'd rather Soldier or Girl over it.
I need some soldiers in here indeed.

Lose My Breath is just amazing. Darkchild at its FINEST.

08 No, No No Part II (featuring Wyclef)
?? With Me
?? Get On The Bus
10 Bills, Bills, Bills - This was almost my 11
06 Bug-a-Boo
10 Say My Name - This was almost my 11
10 Jumpin', Jumpin' - I didn't know she was the sole vocalist. Very Nicole Scherzinger of her
08 Independent Women Part I
10 Survivor - I'm also am not gon COMPROMISE MY CHRISTIANITY
08 Bootylicious
07 Emotion
?? Nasty Girl
11 Lose My Breath
09 Soldier
05 Girl
05 Cater 2 U
?? Stand Up For Love

The Destiny Fulfilled single run was everything. An 11, two hard 10s and a cheeky 8 :disco:

I had a right moment to Girl earlier. I loved that era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom