Bjork - Homogenic

IS BJORK GOOD?

• Total voters

JET BOY

PERVERSE
WELL

This is probably my most favourite album of all time. I think its well amaze

I love the completely unexpected Pluto at the end, techno Bjork gets me happy, and its one of the few albums that had an absolutely stonking run of singles, every single one was fantastic

My number one super fave though is Unravel, which I understand has over time become a bit of a secret Bjork classic. Its beautiful, and I love the organ at the end

A definite 10/10 album from me. Even the artwork was sublime. Ace b-sides too

It's good, but no way is it her best. "5 Years", "All Neon Like" and particularly "Alarm Call" don't do much for me.

Having said that, "Hunter" and "All Is Full Of Love" are up there with her very best. And the videos for this album were just INCREDIBLE.

An INCREDIBLE album

I didn't even know it was coming out when I saw it on Monday morning. By the time my college radio show came on Wednesday I played half the album...

Absolutely flawless from start to finish. Her masterpiece.

Totally

I don't think any of her other albums come close for me personally, although I do love them all

Homogenic is just so amazingly special. When I first listened to it it didn't make complete sense at first, but once it clicked it was definite huge love

I love the reasonably short length too

It's just a magical album.. I still remember the first time I heard those opening bars of "Hunter" on my headphones.

What I don't get though is how she referred to it as a 'summer' album when for me it's always been a winter record..

Joga, All Is Full Of Love, Unravel and Bachelorette remain some of the greatest pieces of music of all time but pretty much the rest of the album does nothing for me.

Joga is possibly my favourite Bjork song but "Vespertine" is my favourite of her albums when taken as a whole. I think this, "Debut" and "Post" aren't dating as well as "Vespertine".

I really hope my prolonged bout of Bjork apathy comes to an end sometime soon. I used to love her so much...

Anyway ratings based on when I actually enjoyed listening to her...

09 Hunter
10 Joga
11 Unravel
10 Bachelorette
08 All Neon Like
09 5 Years
09 Immature
10 Alarm Call
09 Pluto
10 All Is Full Of Love

I really hope my prolonged bout of Bjork apathy comes to an end sometime soon. I used to love her so much...

It would help if she made a good record tho', aye? What does Moopy think of the rumours of a drums/vocal duet album between her and Chris Corsano (I hear from someone close to Mr Corsano that something is in the proverbial can)? I say, fucking yes, bring it on.

I suspect I may be alone. :bruised:

True. Volta just killed her STONE DEAD in my eyes. Awful record.

But even her old stuff I just hardly have any time for anymore. I don't know why. :(

I love her spazzy adlibs in "Joga" (whatever it is she's saying)

AAAAUNNTTIMMMMANCCCAAA-AAAAYAAAAAA

"Joga" is still her best record for me. The version that's just strings is transcendent but the combination of strings and harsh electronics is magnificently handled.

I'm having a Homogenic moment this morning, and my god - imagine giving us Hunter, Jòga, Unravel and Bachelorette one after the other and that's just the OPENING SALVO :disco:

As for the album, it's absolutely excellent. I could live without Alarm Call and Pluto these days, but the rest is spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom