Books you’ve read in 2021

18FD7328-F6B6-45DB-AD30-783D2A0787B3.jpeg
B4763CA7-806A-45C0-A9D0-76C5D80E5882.jpeg
F1F321C7-EFC9-478E-95A0-61F0333294F2.jpeg
67AA435B-8484-43D9-84B6-C46FFA33FA11.jpeg

I think I rated it rather harshly but I loved it, especially now in hindsight :eyes:
Is it not his most read novel?

I think I rated it rather harshly but I loved it, especially now in hindsight :eyes:
Is it not his most read novel?

in the West I reckon it is, along with The Temple of the Golden Pavilion and Confessions of a Mask

never read Ogawa but I really want to read Memory Police

It really is! I was put off reading it for a long time because it sounded not my thing, but it really hooks you in. Even the stuff about his childhood is brilliantly done and engaging.

I don’t where she get all the stuff for all the scientifical and mathematical theories and shit in both her books.

is it as crushing as A Little Life? maybe 2022 is the year I read some Yanagihara. if 2022 is going to be the year we free ourselves from covid I'll need something to counter the suffocating mass optimism

is it as crushing as A Little Life? maybe 2022 is the year I read some Yanagihara. if 2022 is going to be the year we free ourselves from covid I'll need something to counter the suffocating mass optimism

No, I’d say it’s very different kind of crushing. It’s more effective. :)

just finished Earthlings by Sayaka Murata - actually I devoured it in a day. has anyone read? it takes some turns but I think I really enjoyed it. on the whole it just made me think Japan sounds like a fucking awful society to be raised in :D I was surprised at how invested I was in the characters by the end, given the emotionless prose throughout. (@Mats)

I can juggle a few books at the same time, mostly non fiction and fiction. But I find two fiction books simultaneously to be difficult to take in.

Same. I did this recently during reading the European history tome (which I finished today 🥳) otherwise I find reading more than one book at a time means I won’t finish either.

She's an icon, she's a legend and she is the moment, now come on now.

Looking forward to her flop third book and how we’ll all be hating on it in a couple of months.

Last edited:
just finished Earthlings by Sayaka Murata - actually I devoured it in a day. has anyone read? it takes some turns but I think I really enjoyed it. on the whole it just made me think Japan sounds like a fucking awful society to be raised in :D I was surprised at how invested I was in the characters by the end, given the emotionless prose throughout. (@Mats)

I don't mind a bit of yuck but I thought the mechanics that support the theme were rather pointless. points for imagination though :D

her Convenience Store Woman deals with subject/abject much better in my opinion. read it!

HANYA
THE WOMAN
THE BOOK
THE LEGEND

QUEEN OF POP SOLD OUT ON SIGNED BOOKS!!!

BWAAHAHAH INVINCIBLE SOLD 4 MILLION IN 5 DAYS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom