6th - Enigma
7th - 911
8th - Replay
9th - Sine From Above
10th - Sour Candy
11th - 1000 Doves
12th - Fun Tonight
13th - Plastic Doll

So we lose the lead single which everyone said at the time didn't feel like a great lead single, even before we heard the rest of the album and I guess we still agree.

What goes next?

Babylon is easily the most interesting song left musically speaking.

Sorry Alice, but off you go to Wonderland.

s9bhL3ApJPKuk4GB-86BjHb6qZ0IqV3nJUSlQuOAxoiSlolaAZc5Q6uQoWxc-Fa2n_z-OLtuf64FNdjVAnBJUllv2x0GVnz5l_sfMUOdcRwmpt8QCiLb5BpgMHXUayaxSnJ8SqM6TpmcLBW4hR9DeIOePaKNbBFqjZWrfjWNO-lElWVnTk1SK8U

A Madonna podcaster actually contacted Tony Shimkin who worked on Vogue with Madonna and asked him whether he thought Babylon ripped off the song, and he just laughed. He didn’t agree at all really. Hard to say it rips off Madonna when the production elements in question were used by Shep Pettibone in remixes for Janet Jackson in 1989, and those same production elements were almost identical to old Salsoul records from the early 80s, even resulting in a lawsuit. It may still be a nod to Vogue, but it’s not really a Madonna “rip-off” as such, not when those beats are used in dozens of songs before and after Vogue. Interesting that he got to speak to Shimkin about it though! https://lnns.co/UEGsjtuiWmB

Having said that, I hope it IS actually a nod to Vogue and a kind of "Fuck you, you bitter old cow" to Madge.

YES! Let's boot out Alice! :disco: *broken record splinters off into the EDM void of Wonderland*

also, I think top 5 for a song which got the initially tepid reception Stupid Love did, on a survivor of a well-loved album, is a great result!

A Madonna podcaster actually contacted Tony Shimkin who worked on Vogue with Madonna and asked him whether he thought Babylon ripped off the song, and he just laughed. He didn’t agree at all really. Hard to say it rips off Madonna when the production elements in question were used by Shep Pettibone in remixes for Janet Jackson in 1989, and those same production elements were almost identical to old Salsoul records from the early 80s, even resulting in a lawsuit. It may still be a nod to Vogue, but it’s not really a Madonna “rip-off” as such, not when those beats are used in dozens of songs before and after Vogue. Interesting that he got to speak to Shimkin about it though! https://lnns.co/UEGsjtuiWmB

Having said that, I hope it IS actually a nod to Vogue and a kind of "Fuck you, you bitter old cow" to Madge.

The rhythm of the spoken word is IDENTICAL to Vogue to be fair. I think it's obviously referring to it in style and content. But that's kind of why I love it more.

I’m going to be the voice of dissent and go with Rain on Me. I love Free Woman and Alice equally so will not be voting tactically.

I really only posted that pic to wind you up but I'm grateful for the hot facts :disco:

For the longest time (well, five of the ten days it's been out) I thought it was "ALICE IN DALLAS", which I didn't get at all but was happy to go with. Assumed she'd written it in Dallas or something.
Haha bless her and her bad enunciation.

The Official Charts facebook page is doing a 'what should the next single be' poll and the results so far are:

25% Alice
16% Sour Candy
15% Sine From Above
12% 911
10% Replay
7% Free Woman and Babylon
3% Fun Tonight
2% Plastic Doll and Enigma
1% 1000 Doves

What is that disgusting Free Woman still doing here?

This game has made me hate certain songs because they’re overstaying their welcome.

I'm still not voting for Alice next round if it survives this! Just saying.

I don’t particularly CARE what leaves after Basic Woman but I’d go for Piss On Me in case anyone wants to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom