Clock - Oh What A Night

Seemed so wrong now it seems so right

• Total voters
Although it wasn't as bad as that BUS STOP remix

That DISCO RAP era of 1994 or whenever it was really was the WORST

IT WAS A NIGHT THAT I WON'T FORGET
I HAVEN'T HAD ANOTHER ONE LIKE IT YET

Where's my rhyming couplets thread

I have very fond memories of this song but they have little to do with the song itself.

What was the point in Clock? :D They ended up just a glorified wedding band, who seemingly knew their time was up SEVERAL SINGLES PRIOR but kept releasing cheap covers anyway to see if they could get away with it :D
And to be fair it worked - the amount of high-charting singles they racked up was quite shocking.

Was Everybody their only original song? It's the only one of theirs I would ever play by semi-choice, and mainly in a Poundland Cappella kind of way -

It adds nothing to the original. The rap is truly dreadful.

Clock were indeed utterly pointless. I'm an apologist for all kinds of 90s dance pop music, but I doubt I ever play anything of theirs. Even their couple of original tracks they released are weak and derivative.

Clock Rate

04 Holding on 4 U
03 The Rhythm
07 Axel F (only that it's better than Crazy Frog)
05 Keep The Fires Burning
02 Woomph!
05 Everybody
06 In the House
01 Oh What A Night
03 It's Over
00 U Sexy Thing
-1 That's The Way I Like It

I refuse to rate the rest.

Compare it to Cappella that would largely be a solid run of 9s and 10s.

I have a fondness for it because me and my mate got into trying to make music on the Amiga and we had a tracker composer (come ome @Eileen) which had a demo with Axel F on at the same time that came out, it felt like we were close to a smash dance hit.

There was another band at the time who largely did the same thing, who was that?

I think I’ve actively blocked it all from memory. 1993 and 1994 had some fantastic dance and R&B but the chart pop music was the worst…

Wasn’t it also the era of Bitty McLean and all that dreadful pop reggae?

And I know she’s popular here but Whigfield

And all that German hard dance

I have a very love hate relationship with this era.

Bloody party poopers in ere! This is a 90s classic and better than the original!

I really don't care about this about that
Coz alls I really want's another night like that!
:disco:

The most notable thing about Clock for me is that they're weirdly resistant to getting their music on streaming and were really quite rude to poor old @aquaplex
It does seem like music that is best listened to in the whole album format, vinyl preferably, so it makes complete sense

So I was WHISTLING this at home last night loud as you like for no reason other than FUCK YOU MOOPY, and this morning I could have sworn I heard a neighbour leaving the block singing it.

Forget Corona, the true deadly virus has now just left my building and is no doubt currently circulating around town, heading to a home near you SOON.

I just don’t know why I’d play this when I have the original. Sorry beb!

Britney Spears What GIF

Oh God Americans were spared this phase of European pap pop weren't they?

NEVER BEEN SO JEALOUS

The only Clock number I don't put on snooze:

I loved Oh What A Night at the time on my Now CD, just not actually now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom