Corrie 2024

OMG classic Corrie is up to 2004, Tracy is about to give birth to Amy and Hayley has just announced Tracy and Roy are married :D

Ken: Tracy and Roy are married?!
Deirdre: She'd never marry Roy in a million years!
Blanche: Not unless she had about 10 shotguns to her head! She can't stand the man, he makes her skin crawl :D:D:D

It's astonishing how much better the quality of the show was back then compared to now in every aspect. Blanche was incredible

Yes, the Toyah plot is a total retcon and the fans are up in arms.

The rape storyline itself was criticised at the time (it was promoted as a "whodunnit"), so why they want to rake that up unnecessarily is odd for a start. However, in the aftermath, it was explicitly stated that Toyah had a sexual health screen and was given the morning-after pill. The character didn't leave until well over a year after the storyline, so to suggest any of what is being touted (SPOILERS) could have happened is far-fetched.

Whether the "average" viewer would know, I'm not so convinced. But it all just seems such a crass storyline to play out anyway. There's no point to any of it.

Yes it's really bizarre that they're harking back to what was ultimately a flop storyline at the time? I could understand if it were considered a GREATEST HIT, but it wasn't. And fancy thinking "Let's add a dead baby to it! That always goes down well in a soap!"

*laughs in Ronnie Mitchell*

I found this, about how Corrie is proper shit right now, an interesting read earlier this week:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom