Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I know Ooh! Stick You was bigger, but I honestly love this non-pc, totally unacceptable in 2021 minor hit today.

It’s all in the absurdist delivery.

THERE AIN’T NO PILL
’CAUSE YOU AIN’T ILL
YOU UGLY!

Also, their straight-baiting performance at Reading fest is genuinely iconic.

”DIE!? YES, I WILL!” :disco: :disco: :disco:

The Reading festival thing, it’s either the worst idea ever or a masterpiece of trolling, or possibly a way to cut down littering by collecting everyone’s rubbish on the stage.

Yeah I hate to say iconic but it’s indelibly scorched on my brain for all time, and it’s sort of amazing.

definitely a sign of the times, pop music enjoying such a gold rush that literally everything was being released. Sort of the last gasp for bubblegum pop before things attempted to get a bit trendier.

2 things that just surprised me: I’d forgotten they did School’s Out (which did even better than. U.G.L.Y. :o)

and that they had a comeback album in 2018! Sync listen anyone?

Top 5 lyrics

5. I thought it was a sack but it's your favourite dress

4. Spaghetti arms, limp butt, freak show

3. You hurt the tree's feelings

2. You're so fat and ugly with a belly full of flab

1. You can't disguise your googly eyes

1ekT.gif

it's only recently that I have come to appreciate this as one of the greatest records ever made

PIG FACE

Reactions: COB
D&C are great, and 'We Didn't Say That!' one of the best pop albums of the bubblegum era. They were so weird and subversive - not just the Reading performance, but, for example, doing an agony aunt column in the NME with Arab Strap - or signing disused smoke bombs for fans.

Album tracks i'd recommend: 'I Love Your Sushi', 'Peek-a-boo', 'Star Club' and the legit straight up ballad 'Hey Boy'. But frankly it's great top to bottom.

The comeback record was okay, but felt a bit forced and lacked fun. It was produced by Max Tundra who is usually fantastic for weirdo pop production, but this one disappointed me and I haven't revisited.

Last edited:
Roll Call and I Love Your Sushi (!) were the other two gems on the album apart from the singles.

ROLL CALL
SHH-BOOM
SH SH SHH-BOOM :disco:

I do wonder if 'I Love Your Sushi' would be deemed problematic now.....

If you's a light, then you'd be blinking
If you were feet, then you'd be stinking
If you were mocking, you'd cause a fuss
If you were ruling, then YOU'D BE US!

They were the most intelligent 13 year old of all times before Rebecca Black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom