Death Stranding

COB

The ⭐ 👹
So Hideo Kojima's new game has been in development for a while, and there have been a few trailers over the years that were intriguing but didn't give much away - something about dead whales, oil, babies in artificial wombs, all par for the course so far obviously. A new trailer has been released, finally showing some actual gameplay as well as more hints of what the game's actually ABOUT:

... I'm more confused than before, to be honest :D I think it's safe to expect batshit insanity from Kojima, but this looks like it's on another fucking planet and I can't wait.

Here's the theme song:

I quite like it! I'm guessing the lyrics will be quite relevant to the themes of the game, as Kojima was quoted years ago as saying most games are about sticks but this one's about ropes, and the connections between people and all that. I still don't know what you actually DO in the game, I believe there's been quite a bit of footage released in the past month or so but I don't want to see too much.

some things were explained re: the baby in the most recent video. to be honest I think he's just using the MGS formula of a tactics game in a surreal world, with the surreal part ramped up considerably. I hope it won't be all staffage but a strong story too. I can imagine the real actors will add to that

Did anyone end up getting it?
I’ve been playing for about a month and I’m deeply engrossed in the whole thing.
I’m currently making a zip line network :disco:

I made a post in one of the gaming threads saying it was one of the most compelling and incredible games I'd ever played...

...and then put it down and somehow never picked it up again :D

I really must get back into it, but you know what it's like when you stop playing a mildly complicated game, it's much harder to just pick back up again like it's SONIC or something.

Oh definitely! I’m worried I’m spending too much time on unnecessary stuff and one day I’ll just not go back to it and not finish the story.
I never thought I’d find it so good but I’ve become obsessed with finishing the road network and maxing out connections with everyone.

I started it, made my way to the next city over and then somehow forgot about it. very engrossing story and world but I just hated the sludge too much, I could never seem to escape :(

I started it, made my way to the next city over and then somehow forgot about it. very engrossing story and world but I just hated the sludge too much, I could never seem to escape :(
Before I started I’d read plenty of reviews stating you need to stick with it and it gets better so I plowed on even when I thought it was a bit dull.

I meant the black goo that swallows you, the gameplay itself was actually quite fun! I just felt so helpless when I activated one of the ghosts, I think it took me ten tries to get over the mountain from the first city to the next :D

Oh! Well the idea is to avoid them!
By halfway through the game you have plenty of weaponry to destroy them easily so they’re no bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom