Denmark 2021: Fyr & Flamme - Øve os på hinanden

I mean for heavens sake, we've been through this routine many times before. Of COURSE there's a glittering delight in the Danish selection, it's not going to fucking win!

I mean for heavens sake, we've been through this routine many times before. Of COURSE there's a glittering delight in the Danish selection, it's not going to fucking win!

And the one year it did, the contest was torn away from us :(

And the one year it did, the contest was torn away from us :(

conf-7.gif

It may not have been glittering but it was still the best that they had to offer last year and didn't rob anything on a "Heart Shaped Hole" or "League of Light" scale :oi:

It may not have been glittering but it was still the best that they had to offer last year and didn't rob anything on a "Heart Shaped Hole" or "League of Light" scale :oi:

Yes true it didn’t but by the same token, Heart Shaped Hole and League Of Light it WEREN’T.

That reminds me a bit of Kylie Minogue. I don’t know which song because I only know the big stuff and I’m in way over my head just mentioning her name.

1. The Cosmic Twins - 'Silver Bullet' - Obviously the strongest of the lot so won't win
2. Chief 1 & Thomas Buttenschøn - 'Højt over skyerne' - 'Butters, you fat cunt' you all shout 'This is absolute gash'. Yes, but it's so fucking happy.
3. Emma Nicoline - 'Står lige her' - Clearly just pressed the 'generic mid-tempo Scandinavian national final song' preset on her casio and then sang over it.
4. Claudia Campagnol - 'Abracadabra' - Really quite boring but also quite nice.
5. Fyr & Flamme - 'Øve os på hinanden' - For fuck's sake, who told Europe about synthwave? This is far more dull than it feels like it should be.
6. Mike Tramp - 'Everything Is Alright' - Bit of a struggle, this.
7. Nanna Olivia - 'Hvileløse hjerter' - So boring I forgot how it went while I was still listening to it.
8. Jean Michel - 'Beautiful' - Absolutely horrible and sounds like a Melfest semi-final flop from 2013. Obvious winner.

I am going to listen later although I am not sure my current mental state can take the harsh self-flagellating of my national identity it entails

This needs to stop.
I had no idea what you were on about until @ButterTart's post made me realise those weren't the actual song titles, I just had Google auto translate on when I was reading the page :D I did think it was ODD they'd gone for English titles for songs in Danish

1. Jean Michel - 'Beautiful'
2. The Cosmic Twins - 'Silver Bullet'
3. Fyr & Flamme - 'Øve os på hinanden'
4. Emma Nicoline - 'Står lige her'
---
5. Claudia Campagnol - 'Abracadabra'
6. Mike Tramp - 'Everything Is Alright'
7. Nanna Olivia - 'Hvileløse hjerter'
8. Chief 1 & Thomas Buttenschøn - 'Højt over skyerne'

Very much in two halves for me. Really not the strongest selection though.

Silver Bullet is good, though I find the one on the left's stare to be a little haunting. I probably won't listen to the rest, but I am interested in a song that Tisch ranked first but Buttertart ranked last

Silver Bullet is good, though I find the one on the left's stare to be a little haunting. I probably won't listen to the rest, but I am interested in a song that Tisch ranked first but Buttertart ranked last
I find it really insipid and dated and the sort of thing Denmark will probably love :(
I don’t think I’ll ever forgive them for Love is Forever.

I find it really insipid and dated and the sort of thing Denmark will probably love :(
I don’t think I’ll ever forgive them for Love is Forever.

It is VERY dated but I like it too. Not as much as Silver Bullet though

Spoilers: @Tisch was wrong. @ButterTart was right.

EDIT: ACTUALLY, I mixed songs up. Beautiful is inoffensive, and should be exactly in the middle.

Don't know what Buttertart's on to be honest. I thought the man liked synths!

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom