Denmark 2021: Fyr & Flamme - Øve os på hinanden

Don't know what Buttertart's on to be honest. I thought the man liked synths!
But not when they sound like they’ve been directly lifted from a Kelly Marie album track. It just sounds like it could have come out a decade ago and still been a bit behind the times.

Lads, why are we arguing over DENMARK? We know they’ll pick whichever one is least memorable on the night.

FFS I look away for 5 minutes and I have 40 post to read about DENMARK, girls it’s getting too much.

Øve os på hinanden seems to be the runaway favourite based on Spotify streams. It'd be interesting to hear them going with something so unabashedly retro - can't see the Juries responding, but it has good energy.

Dear Denmark, please bear in mind that your national final is made up of the Cosmic Twins and seven incorrect answers. Please use this knowledge to inform your decision making, and don’t let us down as catastrophically as Norway have.

I think Fyr Og Flamme would be a good choice for them. I'm not hearing any similarities to Daði though. In fact I think it would be a safe bet to not sound like anything else in the competition.

Dear Denmark, please bear in mind that your national final is made up of the Cosmic Twins and seven incorrect answers. Please use this knowledge to inform your decision making, and don’t let us down as catastrophically as Norway have.
I can't even let you off on the Swedish 'believe in better' clause here - WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DENMARK. Even that 80s retro one would be a turn up for the books

This won, definitely the best choice. I really like it.

Øve os på hinanden seems to be the runaway favourite based on Spotify streams. It'd be interesting to hear them going with something so unabashedly retro - can't see the Juries responding, but it has good energy.

The link died, it’s this!

It feels like it's from the 2004/1984 contest :D That's not a BAD THING, however Lithuania definitely are doing the same sort of thing this year but in a MUCH more appealing way so I can't see this doing much.

Last edited:
It feels like it's from the 2004/1984 contest :D But it's not BAD THING, however Lithuania definitely are doing the same sort of thing this year but in a MUCH more appealing way so I can't see this doing much.

Lithuania SIGNFICANTLY MORE MODERN for one

Still, I’m sure this will appeal to the BRING BACK LIVE ORCHESTA!!! brigade. (A NICHÉ audience I grant you)

I think the song is pretty good. I don’t like the singer though.

Do we know if they’re keeping it in Danish?

The songwriters/artists both have said they would like to keep it in Danish. The broadcaster DR has to sign off on this but it would be kind of dick-ish not to respect their wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom