Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

Well his new one is good too :rolleyes: (and no, I haven't watched the video and don't plan on doing it)

Really his big pop era

ugh. that is actually good. really quite good indeed. FUCK HIM!

• Haha
Reactions: RJN
further evidence for the "Ed Sheeran is a twat" dossier (@RJN)

thank you, God of pop, for letting Elton get that #1 (without manipulating the chart to prevent it)!

So I didn't really have much of an opinion on Ed either way until I watched that video and wondered how conceited can someone who has offered the world so very little, actually be?

Turns out I have my answer.

Fuck off Ed Sheeran.

He does come off douchey there. I still don’t hate him

the album is out today and with it the third single which is, frustratingly, excellent again

FUCK HIM!

and there isn't even a video I can post to remind you all of how smackable he is.

the album is out today and with it the third single which is, frustratingly, excellent again

FUCK HIM!

and there isn't even a video I can post to remind you all of how smackable he is.

Frustratingly excellent :D

But yeah, thats really good on first listen. He's 3/3 for singles this era in my opinion. I'm sorry but I am going to listen to the album

Can anyone tempted to listen to the album do so this week to get it out of their system before Abba Voyage drops next week?

Thanks ever so x

Can anyone tempted to listen to the album do so this week to get it out of their system before Abba Voyage drops next week?

Thanks ever so x
We'll try

Tides sounds exactly like something else but I can't figure it out

Doesn't everything he releases sound exactly like something else at this point?

Well yes, but all of the singles have just sounded like Weeknd songs. I can't figure out what this one sounds like.

First Times is very unessential. It sounds like every other boring Ed ballad

ugh I bet the Christmas single he keeps babbling on and on is either First Times or The Joker and The Queen.

Well yes, but all of the singles have just sounded like Weeknd songs.
Exactly. Good songs technically but not something I want to listen to because he has just leveraged somebody else’s very successful sound (and to some extent, imagery). As Natalia Kills told us, it’s all about artistic integrity!

Reactions: COB
we do love to see it.

didn't some of you predict his second week might block ABBA from #1? :eyes:

But all those MISSING HMV sales and streams :o

Never mind all the Abba fans who have had their orders cancelled!

I was VERY pleased when I read the midweek figure (was it 84k?) though, missing data or not.

we do love to see it.

didn't some of you predict his second week might block ABBA from #1? :eyes:

Don’t put words in my mouth. All I said was I’m in love with him and I hope he becomes king

Ed's album debuted with 123k units in the US including 80k of pure sales. The last album did 451k including 322k pure sales. Quite the drop off.

Ed's album did about 123k in the US including 80k of pure sales. The last album did 451k including 322k pure sales. Quite the drop off.
How does that compare with opening weeks generally this year?

How does that compare with opening weeks generally this year?
Lots outsold him this year in terms of the SPS numbers. Here are the sales weeks (SPS) with more units.

Drake - Certified Lover Boy 613k
Kanye West - Donda 309k
Olivia Rodrigo - Sour 295k
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) 291k
J Cole - The Off Season 282k
Morgan Wallen - Dangerous 265k
Billie Eillish - Happier Than Ever 238k
Drake - Certified Lover Boy 236k
Taylor Swift - evermore 202k
Drake - Certified Lover Boy 171k
Tyler the Creator - Call Me if You Get Lost 169k
Taylor Swift - evermore 169k
Morgan Wallen - Dangerous 159k
Justin Bieber - Justice 154k
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) 152k
Morgan Wallen - Dangerous 150k
Lil Baby and Lil Durk - The Voice of the Heroes 150k
Morgan Wallen - Dangerous 149k
Polo G - The Hall of Fame 143k
YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Sincerely Kentrell 137k
Drake - Certified Lover Boy 135k
Olivia Rodrigo - Sour 133k
Migos - The Culture III 131k
Morgan Wallen - Dangerous 130k
Rodwave - Soulfly 130k
Lil Nas X - Montero 126k

However the list is much smaller for pure sales above 80k, which are about eight albums.

it's nothing special. Halsey, whose album dropped with no single and minimal hype, did 98k.

I expected him to have much larger streaming numbers even if the pure sales were a bit lackluster. The two lead singles are big radio hits, and the market hasn't declined THAT much since 2017. I think people have just moved on.

Reactions: RJN
I expected him to have much larger streaming numbers even if the pure sales were a bit lackluster. The two lead singles are big radio hits, and the market hasn't declined THAT much since 2017. I think people have just moved on.
What did the Collaborations thing do with you?

I think @Jark was right when he said that Sheeran is a singles artist now. Bad Habits is looking like it’s going to be number one this week, at least according to people on Pulse

he's shed a lot of what "identity" he had to make soulless pop music that's bang on-trend, I'm sure this will be a lesson to him/the label that when you do that you become a singles artiste. I'm interested to see how the album sells in the next 6 months, but probably it won't go beyond 500k (many of which will be singles streaming points), which has to be really disappointing.

anyway—good :disco:

What did the Collaborations thing do with you?
173k debut with 70k pure sales. That one passed under my radar. But still stronger streaming presence with that album, which was kind of a side project ish.

I mean could we just CLOSE THIS THREAD now or at least move it to pop toilet

All this NON IRONIC chatter about E* S****** music is tainting our very forum!

:greta:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom