Eighth Wonder - I'm Not Scared

"TAKE THESE DOGS AWAY FROM ME"

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
One of my very favourite pop songs ever. Utterly utterly fabulous.

Last edited:
I love how dark and brooding it is. The end is really quite menacing.

"If I was you
If I was you
I wouldn't treat me the way you do..."

I'm amazed nobody has done a cover of it. Well, except West End Girls who in fairness gave it a decent, if slightly BLANK stab.

Last edited:
One of my top ten songs ever. It's thoroughly amazing, even with the vocal void that is Patsy Kensit. The lyrics are utterly stunning...

I much prefer Martika's Cross My Heart (she said Patsy STOLE it from her) but I'm Not Scared is a perfect pop song. I always wished Girls Aloud had done one PSB cover to go with The Loving Kind, and this would have been my preference.

Does anyone know if was one of the PSB's lyrics about HIV. Maybe listening to it alongside Domino Dancing and Your Funny Uncle has blurred my perceptions or it's blatantly obvious and I've just not got it.

They missed a treat by not getting Patsy and Robin to do a PASO DOBLE to this on Strictly when she was competing.

This just popped up after 'Run To Me' on YouTube and I almost wept with excitement. God it's TRULY STUNNING, even if Neil omitted to employ the subjunctive in "If I was you". What I particularly loved about it was that it was PURE EURO, yet was an easy UK Top 10 SMASH :disco:

I heard it for the first time in Pigeons in Stratford - memory lane alert - and all the thick, undiscerning gays sat down. WELL REALLY

Ce soir les rues sont pleines d'acteurs
JE SAIS PAS POURQUOI

I think the lack of the SUBJUNCTIVE was probably an ART moment

J'AI PAS PEUR
:disco:

The ET went through a phase of playing the version EN FRANCAIS as the song just before they hit the stage...

I'm a bit tiddly and ready to proclaim this the best Tennant / Lowe moment EVER. God they must have been pissed off watching slothful slag Pats perform it with her SAD BAND pretending to play guitar to this HOT ITALO BISCUIT :grr:

Your life's a mystery, mine is an OPEN BOOK
If I could read your mind, I think I'd TAKE A LOOK

:disco: AD INFINITUM

Fans of Patsy will be overjoyed to know she's returning to the genre of DRAMATIC ACTING next month with a star turn in ITV's Tina & Bobby, about a famous footballer called Bobby Moore and his wife Tina. Patsy is playing the mother and that orange girl who used to be in Coronation Street is playing Tina.

Am going to get very drunk this evening and GAY MY VILE NEIGHBOUR TO DEATH. Starting with THIS

J'AI PAS PEUR :smoke:

ToNIGHT I fought and MADE MY MIND UP
I know IT'S RIGHT
I know these DOGS still SNAP AROUND US
But I CAN
I CAN FIGHT

:disco:

Well I've known of this song almost solely as a bit of pop trivia, but it came on the other night and I thought I'd entered another dimension. WOW.

Or maybe I have heard it before, but paid no attention. UNTHINKABLE.

I must say I do prefer EW’s take on Cross My Heart, despite Martika clearly being ten times the singer Patsy Kensit is. It just suits that high-pitched bubblegum delivery.

I must say I do prefer EW’s take on Cross My Heart, despite Martika clearly being ten times the singer Patsy Kensit is. It just suits that high-pitched bubblegum delivery.

Martika looks well sexy there - and I usually prefer blokes!

I'm Not Scared is an easy 10 though. The Pet Shop Boys are so underrated as songwriters and producers.

Staggering drama as if living for absolute torment. I Still can't get enough of this song. Patsy was rather iconic at this point as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom