European Super League Football STRAIGHT PEOPLE MELTDOWN

I am not exactly storming a teacup because I'm somehow doubting York City are likely to have gotten close to European football. But it is a massive money grab and the worst (realistic) thing that could possibly happen to the game.

Ban 'em all from any other competitions.

SOZ FOR ACTUAL POST ABOUT IT

My Dad is absolutely LIVID about the whole thing. Mainly because Villa weren't invited to the big boys club, but his argument is that he doesn't want them to take part, just to be asked.

It does seem like it'll dilute the prestige of the big matches somewhat (and cost fans a fucking fortune).

My team died just under a year ago thanks to some entirely different regulatory incompetence, so I also find it hard to care TOO much.

My team died just under a year ago thanks to some entirely different regulatory incompetence, so I also find it hard to care TOO much.
Who was that?

I didn't realise that football was in such dire straits until I was reading up on this earlier. The two schools of thought seem to be 'the super league will make the sport more economically viable in the long term' and 'will it fuck'.

Who was that?

I didn't realise that football was in such dire straits until I was reading up on this earlier. The two schools of thought seem to be 'the super league will make the sport more economically viable in the long term' and 'will it fuck'.
Macclesfield Town.

The Super League will make the owners of the clubs in it more economically viable and no one else at all.

I’m not going to post on social media about how much I don’t give a crap about football and how this doesn’t affect me, because I regularly get irritated at football fans who post about how they couldn’t give a damn about something that affects something I love.

It’s quite fun to see the meltdowns anyway.

Can they not do an MK Dons with someone? Does Cheddar Gorge have a football team so you can be Mac & Cheese?
They've reformed the team and will be starting playing in the glue leagues whenever they actually are able to start again.

And Cheddar do have a team, which used to have the best badge in football.

a1a6bb5027b71fe19d8697bf3f1e252d.png

Sorry I did search for a thread on this and couldn't find one. Thanks for joining them up mods.

Can’t we just eliminate all these massive teams or something and force everyone to support their local non-league clubs? I’d respect that rather than the complete bullshit of “Oh I’m from North London but support Man U because my Dad always did (even though we have no connections to the city whatsoever)” type crap.

I have no sympathy at all for gloryhunters but they never go to matches anyway so it won't bother them will it? Unless they have to pay a few extra quid on their Sky Sports subscription.

Oh I definitely like Spurs because of Dad :shy: but then I'm not from the UK anyway (it's just my Dad who lived in London for a while), surely that doesn't count as gloryhunting?

I support a middle ranking Premier League team and have done for all my life. I actively follow them in that I check their scores and get excited if they do well.

I follow Crystal Palace in the same way a straight person enjoys Eurovision.

Oh I definitely like Spurs because of Dad :shy: but then I'm not from the UK anyway (it's just my Dad who lived in London for a while), surely that doesn't count as gloryhunting?

It’s not some kind of male bonding thing, is it? Because I know female football fans who support their Dad’s teams too. Like my Dad likes rugby and supports Harlequins because they’re our local team. We’ve been together a few times and it was quite fun, but I mostly like watching international rugby and have absolutely no affiliation with any team, and local geography nor family preferences wouldn’t really sway me either way.

I don’t support any LOCAL TEAMS but I do go out of my way to watch the Euros/World Cup etc

The EXCITMENT during 2018 when we were actually doing well made it all feel a bit Eurovision, particularly with the HEATWAVE on top of it all.

Everyone’s in a big fucking hoo-ha but wasn’t the Premier League essentially born out of exactly the same principals - bring in more money for the clubs that actually bring in the money (who invited Tottenham though lol)

I do think it’s a bit shit in that there’s no jeopardy involved and it’s just a big boys club of millionaires waving their dicks about for the sole purpose of getting richer. Unfortunately the new money isn’t with the season ticket holders (who claim they MAY cancel their tickets but probably not) it’s with Nick Netflix and Peter Prime who just wants to watch the big names playing football against each other none stop for a monthly fee.

Oh well another thing Arsenal won’t win I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom