Eurovision 2023 SPECULATION

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Probably worth starting this conversation.

I cannot imagine any circumstance where the show could be held on Ukrainian soil. The war is far from over and missiles are still being fired.

I presume the Ukraine would host, but from another country. The immediate possibilities in my mind would be Poland, as their neighbour and friend or the UK as runner up and seemingly close ally.

Almost impossible to see it in Kiev (but you never know) - the runner up or a Big 5 would be the obvious the choice, so in that context everything points towards the UK. I don’t buy the idea that BBC wouldn’t want to host it and I suspect the government would be keen to ‘on behalf of Ukraine’

But who knows

Almost impossible to see it in Kiev (but you never know) - the runner up or a Big 5 would be the obvious the choice, so in that context everything points towards the UK. I don’t buy the idea that BBC wouldn’t want to host it and I suspect the government would be keen to ‘on behalf of Ukraine’

But who knows
I can't see a circumstance where the BBC wouldn't want to be involved. Where has this idea even come from? Sure they've spent 20 years getting it wrong, but I refuse to believe they're not invested in it.

I can't see a circumstance where the BBC wouldn't want to be involved. Where has this idea even come from? Sure they've spent 20 years getting it wrong, but I refuse to believe they're not invested in it.
Agreed - I think it has been a lot of negativity without much basis and I hope we are beyond that now.

How long does it take to organise a venue? Really the war would need to end by that time.

Yeah I guess it’ll only go one of two ways - either it’ll go to the UK as runner up, presumably as a co-hosting gig, or somewhere that the Ukrainian broadcaster can host from without too much hassle.

I would note that Poland’s Jury vote was infiltrated though, so that’s not a good look

Where would it be, if the UK were to provide the venue? The O2 in London or Cardiff or Manchester Arena I guess. The latter of course notable and suitable.

The only way I can see it in Ukraine is if it’s in Lviv in the west, but EVEN THEN!

London wouldn’t be in line with levelling up etc.

Given the big fuss our spokesperson made, I’d say Manchester were favourites (if the MEN Arena is free). Cardiff is a good shout though. Is there anywhere suitable in Belfast?

From a UK perspective I think Manchester would be the most likely, with a chance of Glasgow using the arena that appeared in the Eurovision movie.

This. I came across comments on here last night saying the BBC would not want to host and I didn’t understand WHY. So it is simply VICIOUS WHISPERS?

Sam’s performance last night was a clear statement that the BBC are prepared to host again.
I think a UK/Ukraine co-production would be amazing; we’d still be angling for a win so I imagine we’d get a worthy name to represent us.

Yeah Manchester is the biggest arena and it is close to so much of the BBC’s production these days.

Would the flag in the logo be a 50/50 split?

Looks like Magic Mike: The Arena tour may have some rescheduling to do :D

Obviously this is all quite fanciful. I suspect Ukraine will want to host it (already stated) but the EBU will be reluctant.

Yes to Raven Queen. I need that DEADPAN expression during the voting when the spokespersons start milking their part.

6f4f1372-c345d3a982505309d6352b62e0628711.jpg

Obviously this is all quite fanciful. I suspect Ukraine will want to host it (already stated) but the EBU will be reluctant.
I don’t blame Ukraine for saying that at all but I expect they know it won’t be happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom