Eurovision 2024: Malmö Arena

I think things are smaller for a number of reasons. Liverpool City Council injected a LOT of money into Eurovision last year and Sweden are cutting budgets left right and centre. Plus with the security issues perhaps making things smaller is a bit safer. Folkets Park is actually really nice and if the weather is good it will be a nice venue.

I think things are smaller for a number of reasons. Liverpool City Council injected a LOT of money into Eurovision last year and Sweden are cutting budgets left right and centre. Plus with the security issues perhaps making things smaller is a bit safer. Folkets Park is actually really nice and if the weather is good it will be a nice venue.
Can we please use #ad for posts that are paid promotions please.

I reckon close to the time you’ll find some half decent deals…there were in Liverpool last year.

Where is one likely to find said deals? Ticketmaster? Shady people in dark alleys?

Thing is, we don't want to spend 100s because we're spending the rest of May and June driving around Germany after this and that will cost enough overall, coming to Malmö was a fun stop gap simply to be where Eurovision's hosted for once.

We're thinking one of the jury shows if we can and I'm wondering whether to grab tickets now or wait. Are cheaper live show tickets likely to become available nearer the time (we'd happily go to semi final 2 live, I think the final we'll just watch in a bar somewhere) or will those largely remain the same price as now? I'm not sure what to do :D We are quite keen to get something and don't want to miss out if we wait...

Where is one likely to find said deals? Ticketmaster? Shady people in dark alleys?

Thing is, we don't want to spend 100s because we're spending the rest of May and June driving around Germany after this and that will cost enough overall, coming to Malmö was a fun stop gap simply to be where Eurovision's hosted for once.

We're thinking one of the jury shows if we can and I'm wondering whether to grab tickets now or wait. Are cheaper live show tickets likely to become available nearer the time (we'd happily go to semi final 2 live, I think the final we'll just watch in a bar somewhere) or will those largely remain the same price as now? I'm not sure what to do :D We are quite keen to get something and don't want to miss out if we wait...

I’d say Ticketmaster.se resales. That’s the only thing I’d risk…

You’d also easily get dirt cheap jury final or dress rehearsal tickets if you just want to experience. And I mean silly cheap- I’m sure they had 20 euro tickets for some shows.

I’d say Ticketmaster.se resales. That’s the only thing I’d risk…

You’d also easily get dirt cheap jury final or dress rehearsal tickets if you just want to experience. And I mean silly cheap- I’m sure they had 20 euro tickets for some shows.

Thanks, there does seem to be stuff on viagogo now which I assume is all legit?

I feel like we've decided (for now) on the jury show of semi 2 just to get a taste of something, and then we can enjoy the rest of the time in Malmö - and if anything comes up we fancy in the meantime, we'll decide when we're there.

If it was just a short trip and we weren't driving around Germany we'd probably aim for final tickets though

I feel like we've decided (for now) on the jury show of semi 2 just to get a taste of something, and then we can enjoy the rest of the time in Malmö - and if anything comes up we fancy in the meantime, we'll decide when we're there.

If it was just a short trip and we weren't driving around Germany we'd probably aim for final tickets though
We’re going to the semi two jury!

No guarantee of anything being legit on Viagogo!

I would only buy through Ticketmaster.se

Wait, do we get to see the big 5 performers in the jury run?

This feels like a wise semi choice on balance as I have a couple of favourites in there and if we do see the auto qualifiers, it means witnessing Spain and Italy as opposed to whatever semi 1 gets :disco:

This feels like a wise semi choice on balance as I have a couple of favourites in there and if we do see the auto qualifiers, it means witnessing Spain and Italy as opposed to whatever semi 1 gets :disco:
Yes, they're performing as part of the main show. The jury shows are also a dress rehearsal and you'll see everything that will happen on the live show the next day (minor guest stars in between song skits may be played by production assistants, and the voting sequence is random nonsense for the hosts to practice)

Hope you’ve remembered the words!

:Zorra:

Also, has there been line ups announced for EuroClub/ EuroFansClub yet? It seems very late...

Right, I've got your number.
@VoR @GNL - got yours as well, if you can confirm you're ok, I'll add.

Anyone else wants into the SECRET MOOPY MALMO CLUB, DM me your phone number and I'll add you.

(And even if you're not bothered about meeting up, it was useful for lots of reasons last year, so feel free...!)

Also, has there been line ups announced for EuroClub/ EuroFansClub yet? It seems very late...
I think they've learned from Eurovillage who announced a whole line-up of artists who then got loads of shit for taking part and have pulled out, so everyone else is playing their cards close to their chests.

I think they've learned from Eurovillage who announced a whole line-up of artists who then got loads of shit for taking part and have pulled out, so everyone else is playing their cards close to their chests.

I guess so. They've already sold the tickets, I guess.

STILL, I need to start PLANNING!

It's frustrating to see how easy it would be to buy a Live Show ticket now.

I have tickets for both jury semi final shows, and would HAPPILY sell them to make money back for a live show, but there's roughly... 250 (maybe more) tickets being sold for each jury show now. To think, I sweated through about 5 hours of that 30000+ queue to get tickets back in November, and now I'd be able to get a jury show ticket for £23 or a live show semi final for a minimum of £96. I can't.

Also if any of you have any standing tickets they need to be personalised with the name of the person using them.

Yes! I suspect this is extra extra paramount given the heightened level of security this year. They won’t be lenient.

It's frustrating to see how easy it would be to buy a Live Show ticket now.

I have tickets for both jury semi final shows, and would HAPPILY sell them to make money back for a live show, but there's roughly... 250 (maybe more) tickets being sold for each jury show now. To think, I sweated through about 5 hours of that 30000+ queue to get tickets back in November, and now I'd be able to get a jury show ticket for £23 or a live show semi final for a minimum of £96. I can't.

Sorry to be a bit THAT way, but it always happens. Constantly people trying to offload jury tickets because they jumped “too soon”. It’s a really fucking annoying thing about the binfire of ticketing anywhere, but it’s been exacerbated this year by people not going to Malmö for various reasons. I don’t think we’re even going to get rid of our live show tickets for anything near what we paid.

Sorry to be a bit THAT way, but it always happens. Constantly people trying to offload jury tickets because they jumped “too soon”. It’s a really fucking annoying thing about the binfire of ticketing anywhere, but it’s been exacerbated this year by people not going to Malmö for various reasons. I don’t think we’re even going to get rid of our live show tickets for anything near what we paid.

There's even tons of fan packages available as people have pulled out. It happens EVERY year. In future I would recommend people just to WAIT and not even bother trying in the scramble and get tickets at this stage - yes, it is a risk, but it's pretty much guaranteed to pay off. Last year was an anomaly because it was the first time it was in the UK in decades, and the UK has BY FAR has the most Eurovision fans.

This year may well not be as strong. But I'll be more concerned when they aren't charting well after the event, rather than before 95%+ of the public have even heard them.
Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. I just can't bring myself to feel the same for this year as all the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom