Eurovision 2024 ticket talk

Suedehead

I Will Survive
Sorry I know this is probably premature, and I am a novice here in terms of attending Eurovision. We will be in Malmo Eurovision week, and it would be great if we could get tickets to any of the shows really. Just wondering how the process works generally and what your experiences are in terms of getting tickets either to the Final or any other shows? Thanks
Padam
Padam
S

Tickets used to come out somewhere between November and January, although for the last couple of years they have been much closer to the contest. It could well be that the efficient Swedes will put them up earlier though, and either way, there'll be plenty of chat on here about it so I'm sure you're unlikely to miss it.

Final tickets are like gold dust and sell out instantly, and if you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to buy one, you'd better have some organs ready to sell off.

Semi-final tickets are slightly easier to come by and slightly (but not much) cheaper, and the Monday, Wednesday and Friday night dress rehearsals tend to be more readily available and are pretty much identical to the live broadcast shows. There'll be plenty going on in Malmo and an abundance of places to watch any live shows you don't get tickets for.

They also do "family shows" on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday afternoons, which are cheapest (but were still pretty pricey at least last year), but I'd treat those as a last resort as the acts tend to be saving themselves for the big shows that night and there isn't as much of a buzz. Not to be sniffed at if you can't get anything else and want the live Eurovision experience though!

This year the tickets didn't go onsale until March. That's late, but I wouldn't expect to see them before the new year.

Grand Final is extremely high demand and the semis increasingly sell out too. The Jury shows are where it's at, you'll see the exact same show minus the results.

Everything sold out almost instantaneously this year (at least for all 3 of the live and broadcast shows). If that is any precedent for the future then it will only get more difficult.

I’d love to go again but I am not sure I can be bothered. It was so much fun watching on television this year.

The jury shows are a hoot. The same show as the broadcasts, with added simulated voting at the end.

I had a ridiculous time in Malmö in 2013. We watched the show in a football stadium hospitality room hosted by Sanna Nielsen, then ended up at the Euroclub in the Folksparket where it was all bangers all night and Loreen turned up to perform Euphoria.

We flew back to Stockholm at 7am with Carola (who had performed at the final) in the row behind us.

The visit to the ABBA Museum and evening on Patricia later that Sunday are suitably vague.

The jury shows are a hoot. The same show as the broadcasts, with added simulated voting at the end.

I had a ridiculous time in Malmö in 2013. We watched the show in a football stadium hospitality room hosted by Sanna Nielsen, then ended up at the Euroclub in the Folksparket where it was all bangers all night and Loreen turned up to perform Euphoria.

We flew back to Stockholm at 7am with Carola (who had performed at the final) in the row behind us.

The visit to the ABBA Museum and evening on Patricia later that Sunday are suitably vague.
I love this and it definitely feels like the way to go these days. I’d be up for going to Malmo and doing a trip this like - no expectation of a live show, maybe a jury show, but otherwise just soaking up the experience. We did that in TLV in 2019 before lucking out and get tickets for the final (but it doesn’t feel that essential to actually be there on the night).

Being at the jury shows this year was brilliant but the absolute highlight for me was watching the final in the Eurovision Village. One of the best nights of my life :D:shy:
Totally get it. We went to the village in TLV (on the beach) to watch the first semi-final and it was just amazing. My friend and I screaming and jumping around like loons when San Marino qualified will stay with me forever :D

• Love
Reactions: dUb
This year I got an afternoon family show for the second semi which was great fun, did the semi at a YACHT CLUB, then the final seated at Euroclub. In contrast I got every show live in Portugal in 2018, which was obviously higher octane an experience, but honestly, it was a blast the whole way around for both. It definitely feels like demand (and the fanbase community) has rocketed, especially since the pandemic.

Thanks for the replies. This is so much fun! Can it be May already please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom