Favourite board or card games?

vespertine

God damn it Claude
Inspired by @Jark's Black Friday thread as I've gone a bit mental and bought 10 of them for when lockdown is over. :disco:

I love a good round of Codenames or Telestrations at a party.

As for cards, it's Euchre for me.

Still have no idea how to play Chess, or Monopoly for that matter. :D

Love Dixit! Both a card and a board game.

Cards Against Humanity is fun but overdone. I did play a niche Jewish version of it a few weeks ago that was great

Cards Against Humanity is fun but overdone. I did play a niche Jewish version of it a few weeks ago that was great
There’s an online one “quiplash” which is similar but SO much better as you can make up stuff yourself, CAH can be a bit TAME

Last edited:
Business Game/Mine A Million. Cards against Humanity obviously. Scrabble and Bananagrams.

There’s an online one “quiplash” which is similar but SO much better as you can make up stuff yourself, CAH van be a bit TAME

Oh that sound fun (especially during a lockdown).

When I played Cards Against Humanity with my coworkers, I was the only one who knew what 2 Girls 1 Cup was, and my boss looked it up and I looked like a pervert

Or, to reduce the probability of a massive pointless argument, how about a nice forum-wide game of Diplomacy?

Letters from Whitechapel
Love Letter
Pandemic
Settlers of Catan
Seven Wonders
Seven Wonders Duel

Probably more I've just forgotten

I’ve ordered Cards Against Humanity for Christmas. Looking forward to Grandmother Soldi making Maddie jokes :disco:

Letters from Whitechapel
Love Letter
Pandemic
Settlers of Catan
Seven Wonders
Seven Wonders Duel

Probably more I've just forgotten
Yes to Pandemic and Catan, need to investigate the others :o

Cards against humanity is a bit... lame. It can be good for the odd giggle I guess but the concept gets a bit old fairly quickly.

Pandemic is actually TWISTEDLY FUN to play during a pandemic. We've played it several times and lost EVERY SINGLE TIME (except when we cheated and we allowed Milan to go over the OUTBREAK LIMITS just for SHITS AND GIGGLES).

There's also the cards game Virus which is super fun and easy to pick up (much like a VIRUS badumtish).

CELEBRITY FOO BUMP

neriospaice.gif

I was obsessed with Obama Llama a few years ago.

Skull is quickfire and excellent.

Cards against humanity is a bit... lame. It can be good for the odd giggle I guess but the concept gets a bit old fairly quickly.
This. It's become something you do with work colleagues or 'new' people you don't really know all that well rather than close friends for me.

I've always stanned Cluedo, probably because I love the idea of a femme fatale going on a killing spree in a big ol' mansion with a candlestick in one hand and her lippy in the other :disco:

however my favourite board game lately is TICKET TO RIDE, where you draw cards and use vague strategy to build connecting trains across Europe. it's TERRIBLY complicated and takes forever but it's all very pretty and I am notoriously obsessed with TRAINS :D

c700x420.jpg

They paid Ireland DUST so I'm boycotting

Cluedo is my go to on my phone when I don't have wi-fi (not that that ever really happens these days). I bought the official app from Hasbro and it's ace.

Has anyone played CAMEL UP. (or Camel Cup as I insist on calling it). Love it. Everyone I introduce it to ends up loving it too. Pretty sure it was a Spiel Des Jahres (always a good list to look at if you need new games in your life)

mr6WkmqZu8SLTya9V1ViEMMD2THoPc7DhJNYU9XxZzlcAlrPJzg7tdcjZuEms1a20OHGEIrJaxJxxCj3oV-qe45TzJ95Sr6I3L_8mbZ8-SYlwgKmdHB9DJXczMtmMenE_tmSvTtpphVodMPHZhKPVT2CuQ

Cluedo is my go to on my phone when I don't have wi-fi (not that that ever really happens these days). I bought the official app from Hasbro and it's ace.

Has anyone played CAMEL UP. (or Camel Cup as I insist on calling it). Love it. Everyone I introduce it to ends up loving it too. Pretty sure it was a Spiel Des Jahres (always a good list to look at if you need new games in your life)

mr6WkmqZu8SLTya9V1ViEMMD2THoPc7DhJNYU9XxZzlcAlrPJzg7tdcjZuEms1a20OHGEIrJaxJxxCj3oV-qe45TzJ95Sr6I3L_8mbZ8-SYlwgKmdHB9DJXczMtmMenE_tmSvTtpphVodMPHZhKPVT2CuQ
Yes. This is great fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom