France 2021: Barbara Pravi - Voilà

OUI ou NON?

• Total voters
I’ve just listened to that Barbara one and it’s quite good isn’t it? It’s more french than Brie but tres magnifique!

Quite fond of Alleluia too, would inject a bit of FUN into Rotterdam (or a Parisian TV studio) :disco:

It's Alléluia pour moi but I liked Voilà and Bah Non as well

I haven’t listened to any of the songs, but surely ANYTHING there is better than our 2020 turd?

Voila appears to be the favourite. I think the production could use a bit of spit 'n' polish, but it is appealingly FRENCH :france:

Alleluia has the second most views, although by a fairly large margin. It's nice, but I feel it'd probably get lost

Third so far is Bah non, which is a bit L'enfer et moi and would probably do about as well...

Amour fou feels like the most hit-worthy, so maybe it'll build momentum. Wouldn't be mad at hearing this in Rotterdam at all.

I love how the Chorus to LMK “Magique” sounds just like Diana King’s “Shy Guy” :D

I think Magique actually might have the best shot at giving them a good result. It's probably the most universal of the bunch, and the most straight-up pop - in terms of it sounding like a radio hit.

Alléluia is my personal fave, but it just seems like the kind of thing that France send to great fanfare as it's so good, and then no one votes for it on the night. It screams of a repeat of so many of their disappointments over the last couple of decades.

I spent some time listening to them all and I actually liked them all in some way!

I spent some time listening to them all and I actually liked them all in some way!

Agreed, I think it's a good collection of songs and performers. Just the live clips are a bit shoddy :D

The ones I really like are Je t’emmènerai danser, Alléluia and Amour fou. I really liked Voilà at first but it's grown off me a bit. Oh and I think I fancy Casanova despite the cringey name.

Voting system for the final:

Eurovision France’s new voting system will be divided in two stages. The first stage will be the qualification phase: the 7 songs that come first in the public vote will be selected for a final vote. An eighth song can be picked by the jury — a so-called “euro-ticket” — and will be eligible for the final vote. The vote will then be reset to zero. The public and the jury will then vote 50/50 for the song that will represent France at Eurovision 2021.

Sacré bleu!

Voting system for the final:

Eurovision France’s new voting system will be divided in two stages. The first stage will be the qualification phase: the 7 songs that come first in the public vote will be selected for a final vote. An eighth song can be picked by the jury — a so-called “euro-ticket” — and will be eligible for the final vote. The vote will then be reset to zero. The public and the jury will then vote 50/50 for the song that will represent France at Eurovision 2021.

Sacré bleu!

Is this all happening in the space of ONE SHOW?!

"International viewers will be able to stream the show on france2.tv." - woop!

Capture-decran-2021-01-08-161701.png

"International viewers will be able to stream the show on france2.tv." - woop!

Capture-decran-2021-01-08-161701.png
I then got excited I could watch loads of French trash too but NO, BLOCKED.
8pm clock news it will let me watch though so that’ll do for now :david:

Is it the same french channel you can get on SKY?

Is it the same french channel you can get on SKY?
That’s most likely France 24 which is a bit dull.
I want to watch prime time trash and pretend it’s going to get my french back up to scratch :D :(

Last edited:
Who’s that QUEEN on the right? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom