GB News and Talk TV šŸ¤¬

It's definitely primarily a commercial property ownership kind of thing.

There's a huge dinosaur mindset at play too. It's rarely younger people who hold those ideas, it's the old crusty middle-aged bosses who don't trust people unless they can look over their shoulder.

It's definitely primarily a commercial property ownership kind of thing.

There's a huge dinosaur mindset at play too. It's rarely younger people who hold those ideas, it's the old crusty middle-aged bosses who don't trust people unless they can look over their shoulder.
On the other hand I have a member of my team who simply cannot be trusted at all and itā€™s really bloody difficult to manage him remotely. Heā€™s currently faking sickness to explain why he did NO work on Monday when I spoke to him that day and he didnā€™t mention feeling unwell.

Strangely the good members of my team are constantly asking when we will be allowed to return to the office.

We had an employer join a meeting with all the senior leaders the other day and he was saying that WFH has doubled his companyā€™s productivity over the last year and that he canā€™t see any need for a return to everyone being in the office.
Kind of took the wind out of the departmentā€™s policy of ā€˜cram the offices full because Boris told us toā€™.

The fails Twitter account is at 52k followers now - surely it can't be long until it overtakes the channel's 282k :basil: (sorry VoR)

The fails Twitter account has ceased tweeting, finishing with a post yesterday bragging about how many million people are now aware of GB News thanks to them.

It appears we may have been hadā€¦

32.6 million had awareness of how HYSTERICALLY SHIT it is, which I think I'm ok with.

I'd unfollowed when they started to go a bit wonky saying they wouldn't be sharing any more 'fails' from people, just the technical equipment.

Ugh VoR is gonna be so smug

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: VoR
Anyway, now nobody's talking about it AT ALL!

tenor.gif

Reactions: GNL
I'm unconvinced this is an issue. Better to be made aware of "that shit show of a news channel" as your first impression, rather than "that channel that says what people really think(:manson:)".

Time will tell though.

Literally nobody has talked about the opinions voiced on this alleged channel; the clips used to mock it cut out all but what's necessary for the fail. GB News hasn't gained a thing from its exposure on Twitter other than to have been stripped of all credibility within its first week.

Yeah I dont really subscribe to this ā€˜ignore at all costsā€™ mentality. Itā€™ll be the hysteria and manufactured outrage theyā€™ll want, not the liberal lefteyes having a chuckle at a few prank calls.

I just want it to be a miserable failure and a career-ender for everyone involved. Is that too much to ask?

The sad thing is that I've now shifted to thinking GB News must be protected at ALL COSTS - the average BBC panel is so much better now all the hard-right freaks have self-isolated on their own channel!

I (thankfully) don't really feel it's been fulfilling the brief of BREAK OUT VIRAL CLIPS aside from the flops, but I guess I literally haven't been looking and it's still very early days.

Ironically, the taking the knee clip seems to be the closest they've got lately... It hasn't helped :D

I would imagine a fair amount of obscure sky channels survive on these kind of piddling ratings somehow, but the cost of the 'talent' on GB News must mean it's more expensive to run than most...

Their attempt to manufacture a scandal when one of their presenters took a knee on Tuesday was pathetic. No-one bit because no-one is watching. Tweeting about it yesterday was met with a massive shrug.

They're only chance now is to start hawking merch for have the day QVC-stylee; prints of Captain Tom dancing with Diana, teatowels of Enoch Powell, that sort of tat.

I was just idly wondering why Kirsty Gallacher is involved with this shitshow, and Wiki says she used to date Laurence Fox. Ah.

I used to have a Facebook friend who worked for the Sun who I met through Eurovision stuff. Deleted her as soon as she proudly announced her big new career venture was going to work as a producer on this shitshow. Kind of wish Iā€™d kept her on now just for the giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom