GBX x Baccara - Yes Sir I Can Boogie

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Yet another remix of a cheesy 70s disco BOP, I presume inspired by Tik Tok, becoming a hit.

Currently no.5 on UK iTunes

Glad I searched before posting asking why the original was back on iTunes.

This new remix doesn't add anything, does it? Pleased it's helping the original find a new audience, anyway.

This is Scottish football related :D (TikTok MIGHT also have a hand in it for all I know though)

Did they adopt the Baccara version and is the timing of the remix just extremely fortuitous?

They adopted the Baccara version a while ago. If a new remix has just appeared, I assume it's because they're hoping to take advantage of the football.

The Fratellis have also recorded a cover version, but, whatever you do, don't listen to it.

They are re-recorded vocals right? I don't think they have quite the charm of the original.

They adopted the Baccara version a while ago. If a new remix has just appeared, I assume it's because they're hoping to take advantage of the football.

The Fratellis have also recorded a cover version, but, whatever you do, don't listen to it.
Extremely calculated given the Euros and success of the Rasputin then, it seems.

I choose to believe The Fratellis released Chelsea Dagger and then immediately disbanded. Acknowledging their other, lesser songs just tarnishes the legacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom