Geronimo the Alpaca with TB-like lesions and possibly syphilis DEAD

Geronimo: Live or die?

• Total voters

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
_119877671_hi069295453.jpg

Do we not have a thread on this already? The story that's been DOMINATING headlines across the UK for days if not WEEKS.

Geronimo is an alpaca from Gloucestershire, an alpaca with bovine TB (like what killed Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge! but for cows), an alpaca that has been sentenced to DEATH.

This has been a point of contention, with DEFRA (the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs), Prime Minister Boris Johnson, and Labour leader Keir Starmer all calling for his head to roll. They see Geronimo as a threat to public health, and a danger to cowkind.

But Joanna Lumley, Chris Packham, Boris Johnson's dad who is an environmentalist apparently, and over 80,000 members of the Great British public are joining the alpaca's owner Helen in calling for a reprieve. They argue that the TB tests may have just been FALSE POSITIVES, and that none of the animals he has been in contact with have ever tested positive. Supporters have set up a 24 hour livestream so he can be watched over at all times.

As the day of judgment for poor Geronimo comes ever nearer, where do you stand?

This is just insane. Yes the alpaca is gorgeous but if it’s going to infect everything else and there’s nothing else to be done about it then just give this Helene another one.

Reactions: Zu
It's one of those classic slightly bonkers British stories (remember Canoe Man?). I haven't followed this much at all so far, and it is very sad but the poor sweet thing is going to be put to sleep, but wouldn't the same rule be applied to any other animal in the UK which contracted TB?

We all love a CUTE FURRY ANIMAL but this one is poisoned. Kill it.

Nobody fucking bats an eyelid when we kill sheep for less.

Reactions: RJN
Poor Geronimo. Can’t they convert a Cadillac and keep him in there?

YES THIS IS A MODERN TALKING REFERENCE :disco:

Maybe they should send him down to one of those working farms I used to visit before I realised that those cross-eyed volunteers in the cafés had blood on their hands, not to mention the flan. They do love their SLAUGHTER :disco:

The issue isn't with the TB its that the tests are wrong, apparently.

I'm sure there's a way to find a conclusion so I think this fluffy gary should get a stay until some bloods are done or something, and if he is riddled, shoot the cunt. There more important stuff going on.

Baffled by how big a story this is. I suppose people need a distraction.

Mind you I was ready to die alongside Brian May to SAVE THE BADGERS a few years ago.

Geronimo un-saved. The High Court have concluded that there is no prospect of the owners getting the previous death sentence overturned.

• Sad
Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom