H & Claire - Don't Give Up (Don't Let Go) - "new" EP out today

Will

User
A "new" H & Claire EP has been released to Spotify today by Warner. It's made up of old b-sides and bonus tracks that weren't previously available on streaming.

Obviously the pair won't have been consulted on it, and are probably only finding out about it today, too, but what awkward timing for the band. It's hard to imagine anyone at Warner will have been thinking of H & Claire material of their own accord recently, so perhaps it was H's recent celebration of the album on social media that unintentionally set the wheels rolling somewhere at Warner HQ. And which has already been causing the slightest of tensions in the band rear their head again :eyes:

The state of her on the cover (and indeed that of the album). The RECENT CHIP PAN FIRE look was obviously in that season. Naughty Warner HQ’s pot-stirring, resentment-inflaming activities have led me down the road of checking whether the following is as good as I remember and YES IT IS

I’ve also got to thinking about who hates each of them the most. I’d say LISA on the H front and ALL OF THEM when it comes to Claire, although mainly FAYE AND LEE

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet Claire's got one eye on Annie's festive candle sales

I bet Claire's got one eye on Annie's festive candle sales

I admit it has made be put the duo album on for the first time ever.

QUITE GOOD so far.

She does look very odd on the covers, bless

Am now caught in a horrifying ‘Another You, Another Me’ repeat play loop and firstly, WHY was this not a single and secondly, how did they manage to get a Benny and Björn composition? Did they write it ESPECIALLY FOR THEM?

Am now caught in a horrifying ‘Another You, Another Me’ repeat play loop and firstly, WHY was this not a single and secondly, how did they manage to get a Benny and Björn composition? Did they write it ESPECIALLY FOR THEM?

It's a cover. Swedish duo Gemini released it originally in the 80s.

Although I seem to remember at the time, they both made quite a big deal of having a Benny & Björn song on there, AS THOUGH it had been written especially for them. The despicable, fibbing, treacherous, letter-writing MONSTERS.

Although I seem to remember at the time, they both made quite a big deal of having a Benny & Björn song on there, AS THOUGH it had been written especially for them. The despicable, fibbing, treacherous, letter-writing MONSTERS.

What CRETINS. The other members of Steps would NEVER pull a stunt like that.

perhaps it was H's recent celebration of the album on social media that unintentionally set the wheels rolling somewhere at Warner HQ. And which has already been causing the slightest of tensions in the band rear their head again :eyes:

PERHAPS.

A penny for LSL's thoughts.

I do recommend having a listen to the Gemini album for anyone wondering what ABBA would have sounded like had they carried on.

Although there's only a Gemini "best of" on Spotify atm...

Also I think the first post is a rather charitable way of looking at it... I’m not sure it’s a coincidence that H&Claire have just started reminiscing about that time again when this comes out. I suspect they were aware.

That said I’m sure the others don’t REALLY give a damn. Any “tension” on Instagram is clearly banter and I’m sure they’ve long buried the hatchet now.

That said I’m sure the others don’t REALLY give a damn. Any “tension” on Instagram is clearly banter and I’m sure they’ve long buried the hatchet now.

*LSL found sprinkling broken glass on H’s hotel bed and furiously stabbing I’M SO GAY voodoo doll*

Did they have to go with the Beauty and the Beast CD cover? :eyes:

Knowing lead times Id say this wouldn’t have been put into plan at least two months ago. Not sure who instigated it but dating it 2020 is very much a Warner thing (so it appears on release radars - they have done the same with Tina Turner reissues).

The remixes of the singles will drop next Friday.

I've never followed Steps, but why did they release an album as a duo? Surely nobody thought they'd be more successful than they would be as Steps?

I say I never followed them... I liked them as a child, but I had no idea that H and Claire even put out an album.

I've never followed Steps, but why did they release an album as a duo? Surely nobody thought they'd be more successful than they would be as Steps?

Because they were the two who quit the group, and Claire was the 'voice' and H was the 'breakout star', so presumably they thought they could do things more on their own terms without the dead weight of the other three.

It didn't quite work out that way. :D

Wasn’t H fucking the manager, who persuaded him and Miss Claire to leave The Steps and crush the dead weight’s dreams? Or did I make that up?

I’d imagine that they might also have chosen to leave because the other three despised both of them :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom