Helene Fischer - Atemlos durch die Nacht

What's the German word for poppers o'clock?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kala

Call the police
Pronouns
He/Him
For some reason I've only just discovered 'Atemlos' :disco:

Where have you BEEN? :D

The single version, the Bassflow Radio Edit is the best version, produced by Peter Boström of Euphoria fame:

She is so fucking HUGE in Germany it's incomparable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, that's why some of the versions I found had rather rubbish production. God bless Bostrom.

Yeah, this woman is ridiculously massive in D/A/CH.

I mean, here are the chartruns for "Atemlos":
46 - 67 - 84 - 76 - OUT - 69 - 22 - 31 - 13 - 14 - 14 - 10 - 5 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 5 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 6 - 6 - 4 - 7 - 9 - 9 - 8 - 8 - 9 - 5 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 9 - 11
And the album: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 5 - 2 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 6 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2

That Bassflow mix is simply TREMENDOUS and has illuminated many a gloomy hour BEI MIR

And that ALBUM CHART RUN! :disco:

Where have you BEEN? :D

The single version, the Bassflow Radio Edit is the best version, produced by Peter Boström of Euphoria fame:

She is so fucking HUGE in Germany it's incomparable.

Good GOD, why had I not heard this version until now? I've only heard the standard versions which I'd thought total dreck but this is the DOG'S BREASTS (to say nothing of dear Len's mams) :disco:

Is the rest of the album in a similar vein to Atemlos? It's truly FABULOUS, but her other material that I've heard hasn't really struck me.

Is the rest of the album in a similar vein to Atemlos? It's truly FABULOUS, but her other material that I've heard hasn't really struck me.

Most of it is a little on the dreary side TBH. I had a phase of liking 'Feuerwerk' and 'Fehlerfrei' but the whole business could do with a good BOSTRÖMING

Also, I know that Die Berg has her TRAUMPIRATEN idiocy going on but even SHE wouldn't be seen dead in that GODAWFUL RED GLITTER CATSUIT

German schlager is definitely an acquired taste, that's for sure. I like a bit of it NOW and THEN, but the Bassflow remix of Atemlos is just SPECTACULAR. And as for that video! My favourite part is at 2:25. :D

Her latest album is a bit popper than her previous efforts, and her image has changed a bit too, before she was very safe, and had such a mumsy look but she's grown her hair and started sexing it up a bit. Not too much though, as she doesn't want to put off the German old ladies.

You really cannot argue with that chart run, for both the single and album. While schlager still does well in the album chart due to it being popular with the older generation, it hasn't done as well in the singles chart recently. Both of them are coming up to almost ONE YEAR in the chart. Truly astonishing.

The only thing I really know about her (other than her being a huge star in Germany) is that she made my mother cry singing O Holy Night.

I still get a strong whiff of LINDA BARKER MIND

THAT'S IT! I knew there was something I couldn't put my finger on. From a UK perspective I find it bizarre (but positive) that someone like that, and with music like that, is so huge!

Yes, I do find DAS FISCHER-PHÄNOMEN fairly bewildering as well! Flanders is brimming with similar blonde schlager princesses to her, but none of them appeal to many more people than the blue rinse brigade, the mentally challenged and the odd middle-aged perv, let alone sell any downloads of their singles. She (or rather her producers) definitely had a cunning plan by mixing up the Discofox sound with an Avicii club/LOLpop streak and therefore crossing over to a brand new demographic who would previously never want to be associated with anything schlager. I hear she is now THE soundtrack for Hen Party Hell nights in Germany! :D

Last edited:
I thought this 'Atemlos...' song sounded very familiar. Blatantly plagiarises this Rosanne Cash song :

Atemlos has now been top 20 in the German singles chart for a completely ridiculous 64 weeks.

I can't even imagine how sick the Germans must be of it, but it really is a phenomenal pop song. More Moopers should hear it.

Last edited:
The Bostrom mix really is BREAST-BLASTINGLY FABULOUS

*dons horrifying glittered red power suit while GESTICULATING WILDLY IN GERMAN*

Reactions: Zu
I don't say this lightly - Atemlos is one of the GREATEST POP SONGS OF THE CENTURY

It's a great pop track but also a total rip off of this Rosanne Cash track :

Oh I see the thread has been merged, I thought I remembered commenting on it before.

I happened to notice last week this is still in the German top 100...albeit "only" at #98, but that's OVER TWO YEARS NOW :D

OT: I also only discovered her this year after going on holiday to Majorca and ending up in a German hotel, taking the "free bus" to the beach and it dropping you off SLAP BANG in the middle of the German "Benidorm" section. I must have heard the song playing on that beach about THREE HUNDRED TIMES in a six hour period and noticed in the shop a tshirt with the moniker (in German) "My other girlfriend is Helene Fischer" :D

Wir sind heute EWIG, tausend GLÜCKSGEFÜHLE
alles was ICH BIN, teil ICH mit DIR!
:disco:

Still the DEFINITIVE VERSION until Charl gets off her PERT ARSE and lays it down in studio

Last edited:
I prefer the album version of this to the Radio Bassflow Edit offering only subtle changes that it makes little difference to me. They're both FABULOUS of course.

Now the Bassflow Alternative Remix is worth changing up versions for!

By contrast the intro reminds me of the Almighty extended remix of Agnetha's "When You Walk In the Room" somehow.

Or SPOTIFY :grr:

1454da5fae7378e6be7b13bec5ca4c88.jpg

Penelope kan går hem....

I can whack it in Nanne's windmachine if you like.

Oh I've just seen the Melodi performance. I prefer it in German but Charlotte performs the shit out of it. Having not seen the lovely Helene in motion, I assume she's not the queen of the stage like Charlotte is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom