I Know What You Did Last Summer (the tv series)

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Doesn't look exactly interesting

Looks like that terrible third sequel.

2150D74F-D171-4CC9-ABC1-DD7FE5B68BB1.jpeg

So yeah let’s turn I Know What you Did Last Summer into a TV series, said no one ever.
They should have asked themselves ‘can we assemble a cast more iconic than Jennifer Loves Chewitts, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr and Ryan Philippe?’ When they realised the answer was no, they should have just sacked off the whole project.

Yeah just give SMG and FPJ a series together (with cameo from JLC). Just looked at Ryan’s insta and he seems like no fun at all. Won’t smile in a photo unless he’s having bro fun

The ludicrously long and clunky translation of the original sequel in German is my favourite thing about the entire series:

“Ich weiß noch immer, was du letzten Sommer getan hast”

And it has Brandy die gruesomely in it. Make of THAT what you will.

Reactions: GNL
The ludicrously long and clunky translation of the original sequel in German is my favourite thing about the entire series:

“Ich weiß noch immer, was du letzten Sommer getan hast”

And it has Brandy die gruesomely in it. Make of THAT what you will.
Well it's not really that much chunkier than "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer"! There's also part 3: Ich werde immer wissen, was du letzten Sommer getan hast

And Brandy survives in the sequel, unless there's an alternative cut with Monica as the killer...

Oh does she? I’d LONG FORGOTTEN.

Maybe after her performance, it was just WISHFUL THINKING.

She DOES get thrown through every pane of glass in that hotel - so it’s easily done.

Reactions: GNL
The first IKWYDLS was genuinely great. I loved the setting, the washed out tone, the obscenely high-end cast...

The second one was something of a choice. I hate it when a horror film is set in a public place and they have to contrive a reason for it to be almost empty ('this hospital is being demolished tomorrow, that's why there are only two nurses and an adorable child with a cast on her leg here'). Also, 'Ben...SON' :D

The third remains the nadir of my career as a slasher fan.

The first IKWYDLS was genuinely great. I loved the setting, the washed out tone, the obscenely high-end cast...

The second one was something of a choice. I hate it when a horror film is set in a public place and they have to contrive a reason for it to be almost empty ('this hospital is being demolished tomorrow, that's why there are only two nurses and an adorable child with a cast on her leg here'). Also, 'Ben...SON' :D

The third remains the nadir of my career as a slasher fan.
I love the first one as well. So well-shot and glossy, and it has one of the greatest chase scenes in slasher history. And that cast really is mind-boggling for a teenage slasher! Especially looking at it from today's perspective. Anne Heche and Johnny Galecki in nothing roles!

I love the first one as well. So well-shot and glossy, and it has one of the greatest chase scenes in slasher history. And that cast really is mind-boggling for a teenage slasher! Especially looking at it from today's perspective. Anne Heche and Johnny Galecki in nothing roles!
My only complaint about it is that Sarah Michelle Gellar was basically home free had she not stopped momentarily to look behind her. That and the killer apparently learned how to teleport.

So this isn’t terrible so far. It’s quite a predictable meta reboot (with regulation obnoxious cast) but it’s developing into a decent mystery.

My only complaint about it is that Sarah Michelle Gellar was basically home free had she not stopped momentarily to look behind her. That and the killer apparently learned how to teleport.

The disappointment after such an amazing chase scene to then have an off-screen way of getting rid of her is appalling. I think she was originally to survive or something so it was rushed? But talk about a let down!

This is a bit shit but I'm quite enjoying it. They've succeeded in gathering together a cast which is at least nearly as hot as the original, except everyone has the charisma of Freddie Prinze Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom