WTF is GALA'S MDNA? Well I'll tell you:

01. Girl Gone Wild
02. Gang Bang
03. I'm Addicted
04. Turn Up the Radio
05. Some Girls
06. I Don't Give A
07. I Fucked Up
08. Superstar (for the LOL and I'm not meaning the daughter)
09. Love Spent
10. Masterpiece
11. I'm A Sinner
12. Beautiful Killer
13. Falling Free

9-13 is quite the treat suite!

It's so bloody hodge podge though :disco:

Rebel Heart has leaked again (yet more sales lost for this lost wheels off classic). My no longer shitty tracklisting:

01. Rebel Heart (tits and ass demo)
02. Living for Love
03. Beautiful Scars
04. Devil Pray
05. Veni Vidi Vici
06. Joan of Arc
07. Body Shop
08. Revolution
09. Ghosttown
10. Heartbreakcity
11. Never Let You Go
12. Borrowed Time
13. Wash All Over Me (fake tits and an attitude demo)

Heaven will be my album's cast off fan anguish. It simply wouldn't fit after I remembered campfire classic Revolution.

I can't believe people genuinely like Turn up the radio :(

More a case of struggling to fill the slots!

I do like it, but her vocal is a choice. It would shine if Dragonette lady took a bite instead. Or if Madge had taken more care to spend more than 5 takes on it.

More a case of struggling to fill the slots!

I do like it, but her vocal is a choice. It would shine if Dragonette lady took a bite instead. Or if Madge had taken more care to spend more than 5 takes on it.

My version of MDNA would probably be a MAXI-Single so I guess you're right :(

I can't believe people genuinely like Turn up the radio :(

Does anyone remember that Paris concert at the end of the MDNA tour which was livestreamed, but she turned up so late that the set was cut down substantially? My overriding memory is the performance of Turn Up The Radio where her vocal was SO odd, and her voice keeps cracking. Wonder if I can find it anywhere, it's probably not as bad as I remember but it really sticks in my head when I think about that song...

Last edited:
I need you to sing along with me! :D

Was it really the opener of the Wtf is MDNA tour?!
Nope. "Girl Gone Wild" was the opener to the WTF is MDNA Tour. However, "Turn DOWN the Radio" was the opener for the one-off show at the Olympia in Paris - essentially a truncated version of the concert but with one-off performances of "Beautiful Killer" and "Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus" as well.

the best songs on Rebel Heart are so much better than the best of MDNA. Devil Pray, Unapologetic Bitch, Body Shop, Ghosttown, Rebel Heart (ALBUM VERSION) - all fantastic. Devil Pray not being a single was all kinds of madness. Bitch I'm Marge, Living For Love and Wash All Over Me are alright. unfortunately a lot of the rest is not up to much. Illuminati? Veni Vidi Vici? what tuneless garbage.

the only song on MDNA I unreservedly love is I Fucked Up, which is gorgeous and new and quite exciting. and I Don't Give A is good too. her vocals across that album were a DISAHHHSTER, DARLING.
No lies detected for the most part.

It's been ages since I've listened to Turn up the radio, it's basically a shameless re-write of Solveig's and Dragonette's Hello :D GOD that song was so overplayed in gay clubs and gyms 10 years ago that I got sick of it.

"Turn Up the Radio" is basic but a FAV uptempo moment (of the album - not her career, obv)

I had a lovely Madonna session yesterday with Rebel Heart. I've come to the conclusion that even though they got rid of those trademark Avicii drops (that would no doubt had dated horribly 2 years later) for the albums versions of Wash all over me and Borrowed time are lovely. Rebel Heart (the song) still sounds flat, should have kept the bouncier demo)

I didn't care that much for Madame X but the writers she worked with on Rebel Heart helped her create some lovely melodies (even if some lyrics are typically socially consciousDONNA).

SEE I don't KNOW what it IS
But I'm ATTRACTED to the DARK
And it's EASY to PREDICT
You were gonna be the one WHO BROKE MY HEART

I'm ADDICTED
I'm - I'm a DICK, Ted
I'm ADDICTED
I'm I'm a DICK, Ted

To the ONE that got AWAY

MDNA is nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be... I played it to death at the time of it's release.

William Orbit made it clear that Madonna's mind was on other things during the MDNA sessions. However, in the case of 'Falling Free' for example even though that was one vocal take apparently it was quite a riveting experience for both of them. A lot of Madonna's recordings in the past at least were done in a single take (and at times demo vocals were actually used) to capture the moment. 'Mer Girl' is another example. As are many of her Pat Leonard songs.

However, in the case of MDNA this was not always an artistic choice - it was just because she had the film, superbowel movement, perfume, lingerie, Material Girl clothes line etc. etc. and all sorts of other things on her mind as well. Not saying it's defensible - just mansplaining.

On this note I will add that MDNA probably features some of her weakest recorded vocals. 'Love Spent' is a mess vocally and don't even get me started on the production.

Fansplaining dear.

Love Spent really boils over into complete luxury... yet that shrill vocal just... uh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom