Improptu BI~ON~IC Sync Listen Party 9pm TONIGHT

Little Dreamer is a bore. Alexa, play Prima Donna.
OAbBhlW.gif
Eau de CUNTY :disco:

Lotus has maybe two or three good songs (including the one with Blake Shelton, oddly enough) but the entire thing really is completely unlistenable due to the muddiness of it all. Her vocals also sounded a bit rough in quite a few places if memory serves. Your Body is a marvel though, and Red Hot Kinda Love was a fun bop.
“Let There be Love” and “Blank Page” also say hey. Agreed about the vox and sound quality, though.

There's a reason why Lotus only had one proper single and one video :eyes: bitch didn't even like it.

*releases homemade video full of family and friends footage for an Asian release of Let There Be Love* :zombie: If there ever was a WORSE campaign than Bionic. Thing is, with bionic at least she was willing to promote it no matter how shit it was, Lotus did have stronger material but at that point, she was earning millions just by sitting on her ass badmouthing these poor kids bidding everything to make it big in music so of course it was slept on.

Lotus was patchy as fuck. I gave away my physical CD to a charity shop. I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

Not to my clogged ears. It was fully waxed and ready to go, only it couldn't get its buttons up, felt fat, decided against leaving a voice mail to cancel, but laughed down the line anyway and stayed in.

I'm going to have a quick gander at the seeds she was flowering with her flower for it.

Blank Page is overrated. And completely impossible to listen to without popping an eardrum.

Reactions: GNL
I know it was for the Etta James funeral, but she really should have saved the atta girl menstrual stream 4 streams promo for Blank Page. Not a dry eye or pad in the house.

Blank Page is overrated. And completely impossible to listen to without popping an eardrum.

I remember being shocked (for all the wrong reasons) when I watched THIS on TV :shock: 2012-2014 really was a vocal nadir for Miss X

say what you will about cuntina, but after lounging at the lowest ebb of her career - putting out an album as blah as Lotus, barely promoting it, not bothering to tour two albums in a row, and getting lazy collecting her cheques on The Voice - for quite a few years, she subsequently got her shit together, got a decent stylist, worked on her voice, brought some artistry back to her music, embarked on an excellent tour which truly was a world tour... above all, she rediscovered the fire and the hunger (no weight jokes please).

For somebody with her ego, it must have required some introspection and willingness to be humble, sit down and examine what had gone wrong. I'm glad she went through that. I still believe she could have another "hit" in the right circumstances, and the goodwill seems to be there.

say what you will about cuntina, but after lounging at the lowest ebb of her career - putting out an album as blah as Lotus, barely promoting it, not bothering to tour two albums in a row, and getting lazy collecting her cheques on The Voice - for quite a few years, she subsequently got her shit together, got a decent stylist, worked on her voice, brought some artistry back to her music, embarked on an excellent tour which truly was a world tour... above all, she rediscovered the fire and the hunger (no weight jokes please).

For somebody with her ego, it must have required some introspection and willingness to be humble, sit down and examine what had gone wrong. I'm glad she went through that. I still believe she could have another "hit" in the right circumstances, and the goodwill seems to be there.
i think so too. There's plenty to like on Liberation, but there were no strong "lead" singles on it. I think she should release another high profile collab and carry that momentum into a new album.

I remember being shocked (for all the wrong reasons) when I watched THIS on TV :shock: 2012-2014 really was a vocal nadir for Miss X

I forgot how damaged her voice was back then. She completely lost her head voice.

I don't think "Blank Page" is her strongest of ballads but it was a rare sense of fragility on that album. I'd like her to actually re-record it with healthy vox.

I am done.
Smoking gun.
We've lost it all.
The love is gone

I can't.

This thread has now sent me into a massive BI-ON-IC frenzy and I hereby declare it the best Xtina album!

I admire that she intentionally placed her career best songs alongside her very worst to highlight the soaring highs of You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, etc. her mind. Her art.

As an aside , I haven’t been able to stop listening to “Birds of Prey” since this thread, it’s truly the best 80s one hit wonder that never was , very Visage “Fade to Grey” I adore it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom