Italians Do It Better tribute to Madonna

What a FABULOUS way to kick off the week.
Cult dreampop/italo label Italians Do It Better have released a 20 track tribute to Madonna with covers ranging from the FABULOUS (Sally Shapiro's take on Holiday) to the RIDICULOUS (Farah taking on GANG BANG :D )

Initial highlights:
01 Causeway - Crazy For You (this would be SO amazing in a club casually dropped at 2am!)
02 Sally Shapiro - Holiday (reliable as EVER)
03 Jorja Chalmers - Justify My Love (sort of like Fever Ray doing Madonna karaoke in Twin Peaks :D)
04 Mothermary - Like A Prayer
05 Dlina Volny - Hollywood

Causeway - Crazy For You:

Jorja Chalmers - Justify My Love

:disco:

I wasn't particularly impressed with this when I gave it a cursory, skip happy listen in the wake of the Chromatics news but I have revisited today and I am enjoying it much more.

Sally Shapiro's Holiday is such a joy and the Causeway cover is a bit of a revelation. Dlina Volny doing Hollywood is really very good too - they are one of the acts on the roster I would like to hear an album from, not that I will hold my breath for any of those. Probably best finding something else to listen to before Borderline comes on though.

Crazy For You and Justify My Love remain my two main takeaways from this.

I can see the Crazy For You cover being my GO-TO VERSION in future :D I get the GAY GOOSEBUMPS every time I listen imagining it dropping it a club :disco: A version with the Madonna vocal would be AMAZING

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom