Italy 2024: Angelina Mango - La noia

How will Italy do this year?

• Total voters
If they nail the staging (and I've no doubt they will), it's gonna be right up there.

It's a pure delight and she effortlessly gives it everything. I can't see it not sticking in people's heads.

Top 3 I think, possible winner

I think it is finishing top 5 and may be the top female finisher (in a busy year) at this stage. Possible winner.

It is closing in on the UK in the odds.

She has just confirmed that she’ll go to Eurovision. Imagine the chaos if she’d have said no :D

I do wonder how the juries will take to it. I can see a world in which it gets paid relative dust from them. For the televoters a lot could depend on running order and whether it ends up being the standout uptempo of the night or if something comes along to overshadow it.

I can't see it falling below the left hand side, but i can imagine a scenario in which it registers to casual viewers as "Well, that was another one I guess" - particularly if this year continues to shape up as a big Contest for uptempo bops.

I suspect it's got big enough vocals that the juries won't totally hate it (not least because it's rare they ever do with Italy), but it probably won't get the reverent reception with them Chanel did.

Didn’t want to say in the San Remo thread but seeing as its actually won we thought this was an absolute headache - stressful and irritating more than anything else. The Annalisa song was far better for what it’s worth

I do wonder how the juries will take to it. I can see a world in which it gets paid relative dust from them. For the televoters a lot could depend on running order and whether it ends up being the standout uptempo of the night or if something comes along to overshadow it.

I can't see it falling below the left hand side, but i can imagine a scenario in which it registers to casual viewers as "Well, that was another one I guess" - particularly if this year continues to shape up as a big Contest for uptempo bops.

I don't think other uptempos will matter too much in this case as there is unlikely to be anything else that sounds like it. I feel like that scenario is more concerning when you're sending a conventional pop banger. But if we get one or two properly good traditional Mediterranean style upbeat songs, that could affect its chances more. Can't think of an example right now, but imagining a more successful Portuguese style bop in the running, could be competition for it. Mostly though I think it's probably going to be fairly unique.

Silia Kapsis is due to send something with quite the STENCH of OUZO, is she not?

The very thought of all our Southern European neighbours sending TITTY SHAKING TREATS! You just know Portugal has something wicked up it’s sleeve to buck the trend.
Can Trump encourage Russia to invade there first then?

The very thought of all our Southern European neighbours sending TITTY SHAKING TREATS! You just know Portugal has something wicked up it’s sleeve to buck the trend.
LOOOOOOO00000ooooo00000p

Even if there are a load of other female uptempos, this will wipe the floor with them. It’s just a cut above in terms of professionalism, hit potential and competitiveness.

It’s a lazy comparison but it basically has the best elements of Soldi and SloMo all rolled effortlessly into one song, and she’s a great performer, so if they can elevate the staging from the standard Sanremo AMBLING ABOUT, then I really think they’re onto something.

Can we count R OLLY as a female bop?

Omg, I was just singing this in my head and started getting total Je Me Casse vibes. Have I RUINED it?

1709245391800.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom