J. K. Rowling and other TERFs

I feel it’s the latter, mainly based on my experience with TERFs in the sport world. I’ve said it here before- it always starts on a platform of “women’s sport must be protected and respected”, and

Sharron Davies and ex- marathon runner Mara Yamauchi are amongst the worst. The latter began campaigning against having trans women in female categories but once she got what she wanted, has started a campaign against “non binary” categories that are being introduced just because it gives (her words) “men” more opportunities for prize money/ success. It’s LITERALLY WHAT YOU ASKED FOR YOU CUNT.

For her, it was the classic case of starting with one aspect, having TERF support and watching her quickly turn into a radical transphobe. JK, I imagine, is exactly the same.

I think you’re right. Sharron Davies is absolutely RABID.

Joanne currently in a meltdown of Laurence Fox proportions bringing ‘Nazis didn’t hurt Trans people - stop lying about that’ in as her new argument for why she cares deeply about womanhood and isn’t Transphobic at all…

IMG_2726.jpeg

So close Jo, so close!

:WellThereWeAre:

Joanne currently in a meltdown of Laurence Fox proportions bringing ‘Nazis didn’t hurt Trans people - stop lying about that’ in as her new argument for why she cares deeply about womanhood and isn’t Transphobic at all…

Oh to be a fly on the wall when one of her multiple daily calls to her lawyer was to ask whether she's in the clear to launch her Holocaust denial era.

Totally had this on my bingo card. She'll be in full tinfoil hat mode by the end of the year. David Icke territory.

How the fuck is HOLOCAUST DENIAL actually not registering anywhere in the fucking press? I know LADY DI is BIG NEWS, but COME ON.

(Or is it and I've just missed it?)

Because it makes her look bad.

They’ll be waiting for her to get a death threat before they mention her name in the news again.

I don’t think senile Joanne even knows her own stance these days. Last year she said she respects “real” trans people (i.e - her words, those who have committed to having operations to change their gender - I may be paraphrasing but it was something along those lines). Still an incredibly harmful stance nonetheless as it promotes this view that genitals = gender however this has now gone completely out of the window as she’s referring to India Willoughby as a man? India Willoughby the TRANS WOMAN who HAS had gender affirming surgery.

As an aside note, I really have to bite my tongue when colleagues gush about how much they’re obsessed with Harry Potter too. It makes me wonder how many people are aware of Joanne’s bigotry. But I mean, even if she wasn’t a TERF… you’re 53 and obsessed with Harry Potter? No offence but grow up.

I'm not of the view that one can be too old to enjoy these things. Whatever makes you happy if it doesn't harm anyone. It's whether it's harming anyone that is a bit sketchy these days ... it's indirect but the more she cosies up to Nazism the more of a problem it still is and the less it can really be passed off as separating the art from the artist.

I used to enjoy it and have read all the books but can't really see it in the same light now - especially with how things like the antisemitism and pro slavery that I used to think of as just clumsy writing seem more and more likely to be her genuine viewpoint the more layers of the mask she removes.

As always the biggest issue is how it's happening gradually. She keeps "going mask off" but having another one underneath, who knows how many there are. people justify or handwave one little step at a time but if a few years ago she'd jumped straight from beloved author to Holocaust denial it'd be more of a "wait WHAT?" shock that initially would have people wondering if her Twitter had been hacked, but I think after that short sharp shock she'd more widely be seen for what she is.

Nothing that Malcolm Clark says in that thread disproves the fact that the Nazis did indeed destroy the research done on trans people until that point. He points out that Hirschfeld, the man behind the institute, was other into eugenics and I agree for that reason he should not be celebrated as an ‘LGBT hero’, but it doesn’t back up Rowling’s claim that trans people and research wasn’t targeted by the Nazis in the slightest.

Oh god no… :zombie: I’d love to know where she’s going with this narrative, I mean what’s the end game?

People realising that the Nazis targeted LGBTQ+ and Romani people and that it was left out of the history books because the people who wrote them didn't mind that so much is going to give us a lot of overcooked gammon...

Now all the CUNTS are COMING OUT of the WOODWORK:

When did Rachel Riley's brain complete melt away? Is she actually transphobic too, or just so uncritically presuming antisemitism that she hasn't bothered to read any other tweets?

When did Rachel Riley's brain complete melt away? Is she actually transphobic too, or just so uncritically presuming antisemitism that she hasn't bothered to read any other tweets?

She's obviously a RIGHT WING CUNT and this just cements it. I'd wager it's transphobia.

tue1yxql-720.jpg

or orally in this case

As much as I am pleased her bill didn’t get debated, I think filibustering is the most disgusting practice. We pay these people to do their job, not discuss ferrets.

As much as I am pleased her bill didn’t get debated, I think filibustering is the most disgusting practice. We pay these people to do their job, not discuss ferrets.

Trust me… they are talking a lot less shit here than I frequently see in Hansard.

The Tories are equally fond of using procedural antiquities and loopholes to their advantage so they can't really moan when it gets done back to them. be the change you want to see and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom