Jam & Lewis Vol. 1 (ft. Toni Braxton, Mary J Blige, Boyz II Men, Mariah etc.)

Such a stellar lineup - particularly excited to hear the Heather Headley track

I had a quick listen to the Usher song (Do It Yourself) and it's GREAT :o

Omg the overblown melodrama of the Boyz II Men song :disco: They really don't make them like THAT anymore

This album honestly feels like a CLASSIQUÉ already

(if you like gloopy r&b throwbacks as much as I do)

Last edited:
THE HEATHER HEADLEY SONG AMAZING CONFIRMED

The Toni one didn't grab me on first listen...

The Usher song is so so good, and I have a feeling it's one for the PRINCE FREAKS

cc @funky @Ellie

The Usher song is so so good, and I have a feeling it's one for the PRINCE FREAKS

cc @funky @Ellie
Erm, just heard it. Usher’s voice is the problem with that one. Would have maybe preferred Miguel to give it a bit more oomph.

Morris Day and Jerome with The Roots on Babylove however :disco:

Reactions: dUb
About Janft...

This is maybe an awkward question, but why isn't she on the album?

Jam
: Well, the album is called Volume One for a reason. It's the first chapter in this book of our life, I guess you could say.

Can someone explain the concept? I think I missed it. Are they demos re-recorded, or covers, or b-sides or what? Some of them on paper look like old originals, some of them do-overs. Confused.

Can someone explain the concept? I think I missed it. Are they demos re-recorded, or covers, or b-sides or what? Some of them on paper look like old originals, some of them do-overs. Confused.
All new songs written with/for the artist(s) involved. I agree it's not abundantly clear as a proposition.

did they just release this as an ALBAM with no lead up singles or videos?

And you must have heard the Mariah one?? It's a SEMI-SINGLE with no video (yet) but I believe it's doing ok on Adult contemporary r&b radio or something

Why has EMMA BUNTON been left off this ALBAM? They love her and her silky vox. They have said it in interviews.

Can't wait for Susan Ann Sulley and Joanne Catherall on Volume 2.

Those clips do sound good overall. The piano on the Mariah one - all that I can say is it reminds me of that time MJB gave Elton a call.

Well this is all very nice but it all feels very safe. It left me a bit empty to be honest, such a wasted opportunity. The songs just aren't there.

The best tracks are definitely Sounds Of Blackness and Heather Hedley, which is quite funny when you think of the other names involved.

Actually the last track is really good. That's the track that geniunely feels early 90s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom