Janet Jackson general (2021/2)

She’s always been quite fond of Come On Get Up for some reason. It should have been retired after the All For You tour and I’d definitely have stuck Rock With U in over that.

She’s always been quite fond of Come On Get Up for some reason. It should have been retired after the All For You tour and I’d definitely have stuck Rock With U in over that.
It’s an anthemic bop - what’s not to like? “So Much Betta” seems like the easier cut to me.

It’s an anthemic bop - what’s not to like? “So Much Betta” seems like the easier cut to me.
Actually both should be cut then. Come On Get Up is a light little ditty that was OK for the summer of 2001, but it's very nothingy. Janet has at least 5 other upbeat feel-good Pop songs of the same ilk that are 10 times better.

Oh and I LOVE

Come ON Get UP

And You Ain't Right to be honest

That reminds me, I think the All For You sync (hosted by Queen @Jark ) is in the Mopsy All Time Sync Top 10s.

Last edited:
Come On Get Up was actually PISS WEAK in the context of what she was releasing as singles at the time. It almost feels "Turn Up The Radio"-esque in how it was generic, faceless and boring.

There wasn't much left on that album they could mine as singles, though- as the fact she didn't go to the usual 7 or so showed.

Come On Get Up was actually PISS WEAK in the context of what she was releasing as singles at the time. It almost feels "Turn Up The Radio"-esque in how it was generic, faceless and boring.

There wasn't much left on that album they could mine as singles, though- as the fact she didn't go to the usual 7 or so showed.
I think Virgin attributed the limited singles and aborted campaign to the Glitter fiasco. I'm not sure that would have changed anything as "Son of a Gun" scraping the top 30 was a relative disappointment after three top 3 hits with DRM, AFY, STCML. But I know Janet was at least teasing "Trust a Try" as a potential single, and "Come on Get Up" was released in Japan or something.

Oh and I LOVE

Come ON Get UP

And You Ain't Right to be honest

That reminds me, I think the All For You sync (hosted by Queen @Jark ) is in the Mopsy All Time Sync Top 10s.

I found the 20Y.O. one slightly better tbh, all because it was Jark's very first time listening to it and he was HORRIFIED by it; I Was in tears.

I used to stan about 5 songs off it but after that iconic night, I haven't gone back to that album AT ALL! He helped me see the light. I was living a lie.

20Y.O. really is the NADIR of her career.

Who thought THAT was a good album to mount a much needed comeback with?

I smell an ulterior motive. "Hi Missy, write me a Hot Boyz, Sock It 2 Me or Stickin' Chickens plz hee hee".

• Haha
Reactions: COB
IS THAT MISSY ELLIOTT?!
Anyway how lovely that Janft is sweet, Missy is sweet, also a Golden Girls fan :disco:

Mind you, just slobbing around making Insta stories looks dull as fuck :D maybe that’s why nobody visits

Missy's looking fabulous, give us a new album queen - we can't survive on random features alone!

She was in Essence

288681645_3962977500593092_2203707068558898297_n.jpg

I STILL to this day LOVE both 'You Ain't Right' and 'Come On Get Up'. I remember listening to the 'All For You' album for the very first time when it was released and thinking those tracks boded well for the album. Then it all hit a skid mark with 'When We Oooo' and by the time 'Trust A Try' popped up four songs later, I'd totally lost interest. Pretty much the same story today. Although I do love the latter half of the album much more these days and 'Better Days' is glorious.

Oh...and I adore that black and white shot from the recent Essence photo shoot. She looks great in all of them though, but not so much on the cover.

She's trying to beat Kate Bush for the longest gap between albums and hoping that 'Stranger Things' will include 'You Can Be Mine' in a forthcoming episode.

LOVE the nod to the mighty Five Star with the outfit! BUT - two microphones and I STILL couldn't hear her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom