Justin Timberlake - 'What Goes Around'

...Comes Around?

• Total voters
Meh, I get the three similar mid-tempo smashes are all technically great songs (this, River and Mirrors), but I really couldnā€™t care less about them other than they are nice to hear once every year or two.

Itā€™s so good but out of those similar sounding songs of his (Cry Me a River, Devil Wouldnā€™t Recognize You, Mirrorsā€¦) itā€™s the one I like the least.

Itā€™s so good but out of those similar sounding songs of his (Cry Me a River, Devil Wouldnā€™t Recognize You, Mirrorsā€¦) itā€™s the one I like the least.
Really? I'd rank them THUS:

1. CRY me a River 11/10
2. What Goes Around 10/10
3. Devil Wouldn't Recognise You (but I do I do you you you you ---) 08/10 [would have been 9 if Esther bothered to record better vocals]
4. MIRROR 07/10

Mirrors is LOVELY. I always seem to forget that one, it was one of his last few songs I genuinely liked from him before he became a cunt.

Really? I'd rank them THUS:

1. CRY me a River 11/10
2. What Goes Around 10/10
3. Devil Wouldn't Recognise You (but I do I do you you you you ---) 08/10 [would have been 9 if Esther bothered to record better vocals]
4. MIRROR 07/10

Same but Mirror and What Goes Around would swap places.

Mirrors is LOVELY. I always seem to forget that one, it was one of his last few songs I genuinely liked from him before he became a cunt.
It's .... okay. At this point the formula was becoming zzzzz to be honest and he was already pissing me off. And the lyrics are shit.

It was the last time he looked genuinely handsome though.

5c60ab05a72bf1fd535c4817a7205a687d-jt-mirrors-005.w710.gif

And such lovely hair.

Mirrors flows better melody wise which makes it more pleasant listening to. The structure of What Goes Around is more challenging.

(I say this while I havenā€™t heard any of them for a long time and right now I canā€™t even remember the verses of Mirrors. :x: )

Heā€™s been very handsome since the second album.
JT was super-fuckable from 'Gone' era NSYNC up to 4 Minutes (yes it was another kiss of death from Madonna - this time she killed his sex appeal but the effect didn't take on until after 20/20 era). I'd say his looks peaked circa Justified.

He looks ghastly in the 'Can't Stop the Feeling' video. (Not that I'd say no but still.) As for Man of the Woods era, well by then he was jancelled (see what I did there) and also I can't even remember what he looked like in those videos??

I don't think he's facially particularly good looking. It's the body and moves which elevate him.

Anyway, nope, never fancied him or liked all that much of his music. Some songs are OK but nothing Iā€™d spend money on.

Acting wise heā€™s much better.

Anyway I'm sure this was the first image published from that session. Rolling Stone January 2003. So there!

rs-122104-justin-timberlake-914-1361378969.jpg

Reactions: RJN
Anyway, nope, never fancied him or liked all that much of his music. Some songs are OK but nothing Iā€™d spend money on.
Yes Ellie but you would say that to be fair. It's like asking me to be 100% objective in a Lady Gaga thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom