Katy Perry - Swish Swish

So is there a standout 4th single on the album? I quite like the title track Witness

Save As Draft was issued as to US radio (AC only I think) as the fourth single and didn't do much

The album had a quick burn rate for me. I'm quite indifferent now to "Tsunami" which I LOVED for about five minutes. A few loons seem to be interested in "Roulette," which is catchy enough. But if "Swish Swish" couldn't set the charts alight in the States, I'm not convinced anything would.

I say just cancel the tour, save the inevitable additional 6 months of bad press, grow out the hair, come back Summer 2018 and pretend this whole "era" didn't happen. She thought out everything way too hard this time around (from the music, look, videos, "persona") and it backfired.

It's a shame her hair all fell out, because this was a LOOK and should have set the tone for the era's aesthetics.

katy-perry-chained-rhythm-1486762828.jpg

Reactions: dUb
It feels like a very arbitrary reason, but I haven't rewatched the video partly because of that fucking thumbnail

:disco:

Also a new peak of #30 on Spotify as well.

Glad to see it has become a proper hit now overall.

This and then Bon Appetite kind of made me lose interest in the project, so I’ve only just listened to Witness.

And imagine my surprise to find that Swish Swish is really GOOD

I wouldn't call Swish Swish "good" per SÉ

Nicki's rap is great and it's an entertaining car crash but it's hardly a career highlight like BONE APPLE T :disco:

Well chalk this one up to low expectations (and Bon Appetit). I guess I like how moments of the album sound like it’s a 90s dance album

Given that Swish Swish ended up being the most iconic hit from this era, I wonder what would have happened if it had been the first single.

"Roulette" was such a wasted opportunity. It would have been perfect after "Chained..". Yes it's quite generic but it had some hit potential although her big days were mostly done by then no matter what I guess.

Most of the rest was either shit or sounded like a spoof. I'm kind of glad we got spoof Katy for the lols but it was equally awful to watch too

"Roulette" was such a wasted opportunity. It would have been perfect after "Chained..". Yes it's quite generic but it had some hit potential although her big days were mostly done by then no matter what I guess.

Most of the rest was either shit or sounded like a spoof. I'm kind of glad we got spoof Katy for the lols but it was equally awful to watch too
Yes when I gave the album a whirl when it was first releaes it was the only one that stood out ! Love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom